• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Have done what I rather often do: succumbed to temptation, done looking-up, and thus barred self from submitting results thereof -- hope it isn't giving the show away, to say that one of the eight struck me as decidedly unexpected !

MotCO

Established Member
Have done what I rather often do: succumbed to temptation, done looking-up, and thus barred self from submitting results thereof -- hope it isn't giving the show away, to say that one of the eight struck me as decidedly unexpected !

I think I know the one you mean!

MotCO

Established Member
Dare I observe: that it would seem that all eight have now been named?
(I was working on this when you replied. For some reason I missed two responses from yesteday - I think it was a bottom-of-the-previous-page problem.)

Calthrop

Established Member
Togo was my looked-up unexpected one -- wretched sneaky country: only its tiny extreme north-west corner is, just, traversed by the Meridian.

OhNoAPacer

I think that if Antarctic territory claims were accepted as being part of the claimant country, which they are not, then Norway would have been a correct answer, if I have understood the Antarctic claim locations correctly.

DerekC

Established Member
I went to consult the globe I thought we had in our living room. Mrs C on being asked tells me that we gave it to one of our granddaughters five years ago!! :oops:

SteveM70

Established Member
Bit of a crossover question with the railway general knowledge quiz…..which train service calls successively at four founder members of the football league…..name the route and the stations/clubs

perryman

Accrington Stanley, Burnley, Blackburn Rovers, Preston North End?

I don't know the name of the line.