• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gizzy's Birthday Bash 2009

Where should Gizzy's next birthday bash be?

• WCML

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • ECML

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • MML

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • S&C

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Cross Country

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
What's wrong with Mk3s? They're what you're in afterall. It makes little difference what engines are in the power cars on either end.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
What difference does the engine in the power car make when you are sat in a Mk3 coach behind? Surely being in a Mk3 behind a Valenta is pretty much the same as being behind a MTU?

P156KWJ

Established Member
What difference does the engine in the power car make when you are sat in a Mk3 coach behind? Surely being in a Mk3 behind a Valenta is pretty much the same as being behind a MTU?

exactly - I rarely realise until I get off and see the PC number, if at all!

Gizmogle

Established Member
I'd like to do the Glasgow-Penzance thing just to say that I've done it.
Would be hilarious to do on a Voyager. Not in a good way though.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Well, for first class I think I'd have to have a lottery win too.

So it's decided. First class HST. Glasgow to Penzance. Everyone win the lottery before December! :p ;)

JoshW1992

Established Member
Well, for first class I think I'd have to have a lottery win too.

So it's decided. First class HST. Glasgow to Penzance. Everyone win the lottery before December! :p ;)

That shouldnt be too hard... can somebody tell me next weeks winning numbers please? :lol:

Gizmogle

Established Member
I reckon it'd be a good thing to do for the social side of things though, rather than traction.
Imagine spending 12hrs with each other.

Although...I think I've beaten that on the Newquay HSTs.

JoshW1992

Established Member
I reckon it'd be a good thing to do for the social side of things though, rather than traction.
Imagine spending 12hrs with each other.

Although...I think I've beaten that on the Newquay HSTs.

I think after an hour I would get beaten up by you lot :lol:

P156KWJ

Established Member
if there's a meet for Newquay HSTs in 2009, I'll definately consider! However if I could, I'd do the 12-14 hour jobbie for the social side

and Brandon would as you said be tied to his seat complaining about the lack of clag from the PC he can't even see or hear whilst forgetting it's someone's birthday :p

JoshW1992

Established Member
if there's a meet for Newquay HSTs in 2009, I'll definately consider! However if I could, I'd do the 12-14 hour jobbie for the social side

and Brandon would as you said be tied to his seat complaining about the lack of clag from the PC he can't even see or hear whilst forgetting it's someone's birthday :p

LOL. Very good.

Anyway, if there was a Newquay HST bash, I would consider doing it, but its a really long way away :(

P156KWJ

Established Member
should be sensible like me, live in the middle of the country so I can access all areas easy :p (unless you say Inverness to Wick or something :))

JoshW1992

Established Member
should be sensible like me, live in the middle of the country so I can access all areas easy :p (unless you say Inverness to Wick or something :))

I live in the most pointless place ever. As far South East as I can go. Takes 2 hours to get to London!

P156KWJ

Established Member
means you can get to France in about 90 minutes by ferry :lol: hard to believe I can get to London in 1:40 and you ahve to take 2 hours :p

JoshW1992

Established Member
means you can get to France in about 90 minutes by ferry :lol: hard to believe I can get to London in 1:40 and you ahve to take 2 hours :p

I live 20 miles from France, takes about 90 mins. Or if I go by Eurotunnel, about an hour, including all the driving onboard and stuff.

I live about 75-80 miles from London and it takes 2 hours. Thank GOD we are getting this new High Speed program soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.