• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central - Qualified Driver

Bolero

Anyone out there have any knowledge of how Grand Central are to work for? Any knowledge of driver Terms & Conditions?
TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bengley

Established Member
My friend who works for them has been with them nearly a year and loves it

Bolero

My friend who works for them has been with them nearly a year and loves it
Did your friend work for any other TOCs before, or did they get there licence through GC?
What is it that your friend likes about them?
Just trying to get an idea if they are worth the transfer over. Any idea of the current salary?

Train_manager

Did your friend work for any other TOCs before, or did they get there licence through GC?
Just trying to get an idea if they are worth the transfer over. Any idea of the current salary?
Loss of RPS should be enough.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
ASLEF members section says its just shy of 59k

tiptoptaff

Established Member
May be ASLEF does not want the real pay to be in public domain that much
Its not in the public domain - its a members only area. Only those of us in ASLEF can log in and see it.

I don't care if they're not bothered about updating it, when you're paying nearly £40a month for what, at times, is a bit of a mystery, the least they can do is keep the members section of the website up to date for us.

But that's not a debate for this thread.

Train_manager

Its not in the public domain - its a members only area. Only those of us in ASLEF can log in and see it.

I don't care if they're not bothered about updating it, when you're paying nearly £40a month for what, at times, is a bit of a mystery, the least they can do is keep the members section of the website up to date for us.

It previously was in the public domain.

Only after a website upgrade a few years did you require an account to view the info.

Don't forget the free diary:D

tiptoptaff

Established Member
It previously was in the public domain.

Only after a website upgrade a few years did you require an account to view the info.

Don't forget the free diary
Indeed it was but not it is not, and there's no excuse not to keep it updated.

Ahh yes, of course, how could I forget. Worth the £400 a year alone that diary. I also got a free tie once

whoosh

Established Member

I think full transparency of Terms & Conditions and pay is something that Members should be able to view easily. Drivers considering switching companies shouldn't be in the dark, trying to find a chink of enlightenment on a website forum (like the Avanti thread). It should be easily accessible info.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
I think full transparency of Terms & Conditions and pay is something that Members should be able to view easily. Drivers considering switching companies shouldn't be in the dark, trying to find a chink of enlightenment on a website forum (like the Avanti thread). It should be easily accessible info.
Fully agree. It wouldn't take much to keep on top of, if they had bothered to in the first place.

Nick82

For reference if anyone is interested, both XC and GC are no longer advertising on DB Careers page. Arriva careers now.

Anyone for GC then advert is still live

tiptoptaff

Established Member
The diary didn’t even have that piece of string to mark a page this year.
Cutting back on costs on that too

Can't say I've ever used the stuff they still print in like they all think we need a copy of the yellow pages, either

Nick82

Any of those interested, Grand Central looking for Qualified Drivers - Readvertised