• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

david_VI

I emailed them straight after the last ad went up and ensured I was still on thie minds. They said my application would be picked up from where it left off.

They then called me on Tuesday afternoon (I think).

I've had a really bad time with emailing GA, since Claire left HR i've got nowhere. Could you PM me the correct person to email regarding this? As i'm also entitled to the managers interview.. Otherwise i'll have to start again as my test pass will expire by May!

Thanks
David

SPADTrap

Established Member
I emailed them last night and they called me back today! What efficiency! Very impressed. I've got to wait to hear from them on Monday when it will be confirmed if theyll accept my passes in the new assessments part 1!

Sam.

david_VI

I emailed them last night and they called me back today! What efficiency! Very impressed. I've got to wait to hear from them on Monday when it will be confirmed if theyll accept my passes in the new assessments part 1!

Sam.

I don't know whats with my luck then. I've been emailing them since September to get feedback. First Claire left HR and the email for her replacement never worked.. so I had to get another email via kind people here, got replies saying i'd get a phonecall the following day, nothing happened. Emailed same person as this vacancy came up, no reply since..

:(

I replied to the email that said i'm on hold.. Maybe i'll hear on Monday, if not i'll be pretty annoyed and who knows what I can do then unless I can find a phone number.

Rjhsteel

Sam.

That using the recruit email address? Had nothing back yet.

Rjhsteel

Also, when they sent the practice materials by email i cant use the file "train driver practice materials" size 3.9mg.

What is it?

SPADTrap

Established Member
did you manage to open the file? you need to download it and then open it in Ms word.

Still no luck, I know they said to in their email but it just opens as a bunch of random characters for me! Hmmmm.

EDIT: Working ;) Already read this booklet more times than I can count! lol.

Last edited:

winchmore

I am also unable to open the driver practice attachment - I have tried it on various computers?? Could someone please PM me the best email address to contact GA on to see if they will resend the file or advise me? Thanks in advance.

digger42

I am also unable to open the driver practice attachment - I have tried it on various computers?? Could someone please PM me the best email address to contact GA on to see if they will resend the file or advise me? Thanks in advance.

download it first, then open it using microsoft word

st.ives

Anyone had confirmation as to whether they will have to retake previously passed tests?

Emilymay86

Anyone else have driver manager interview coming up for Clacton/Colchester depot? Good luck to all!

SPADTrap

Established Member
Still no reply from them!

I heard that tests via the new system are valid but they want people who haven't done the new tests to sit the new ones, passes in GB, TRP etc will be valid. Alas, that is from a colleague and not direct from their HR so holding out until I hear from them.

outseyuk

I did old assessments with GA in September. They invited me to DM interview which I declined as I've accepted a position elsewhere. For what it's worth.

SPADTrap

Established Member
I did old assessments with GA in September. They invited me to DM interview which I declined as I've accepted a position elsewhere. For what it's worth.

Sounds promising! Best of luck with everything :)

SPADTrap

Established Member
Just heard myself from GA requesting that I resit the new process again as I haven't yet done the second half of the new process.

andylee7

Good evening, I have been trying to no avail via the recruitment email to get an answer to a question regarding my application about being a trainee driver, last I heard was back in June/july when Claire emailed me to say there was a problem regarding there equipment and I will here in the near future about when I will be given an assessment date,
I have emailed GA recruitment a few times but I have had no reply to date.
Please could someone give me an email that they reply to.
Many thanks

Lufcman

Good evening, I have been trying to no avail via the recruitment email to get an answer to a question regarding my application about being a trainee driver, last I heard was back in June/july when Claire emailed me to say there was a problem regarding there equipment and I will here in the near future about when I will be given an assessment date,
I have emailed GA recruitment a few times but I have had no reply to date.
Please could someone give me an email that they reply to.
Many thanks

Claire Kadesh now works for FCC!

digger42

Has anyone been to stratford and taken the assessments this week or so? what was it like? pass or fail?
taking mine in a week or so for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.