• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Trainee Drivers Hornsey/ Cricklewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelBoMan

Yes sir! Congrats btw. The three of us which remained, all made it through unscathed... for now

Yes congratulations! I'm just keen to get the medical sorted now and get the offer/date through. I was not sure if the other girl had made it through. That's great news she has. Let me know here if you hear anything.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rachael92

Hi, thanks for responses. You’re right about the timetabling issues. That’s why I’m holding off calling them. Don’t want to pester them!
SA91, when was your assessment? 31 Jan? Same as me if so.
Congrats on passing, hopefully see everyone at training in September

JRR

I’ve had my mmi for this about 10 days ago. Still waiting for the outcome.

How long do most people wait to find out, and do they only phone if you passed?

dth

I’ve had my mmi for this about 10 days ago. Still waiting for the outcome.

How long do most people wait to find out, and do they only phone if you passed?

I called them after 4 days. Give them a call they should tell you. Good luck.

Anyone else here for Hornsey? At my DMI they talked about a training course August time. Did anyone else get told the same thing?

SA91

I called them after 4 days. Give them a call they should tell you. Good luck.

Anyone else here for Hornsey? At my DMI they talked about a training course August time. Did anyone else get told the same thing?
I applied for Cricklewood but when I was speaking to recruitment they told me August was for Hornsey... don't why they told me that but they did

KelBoMan

I applied for Cricklewood but when I was speaking to recruitment they told me August was for Hornsey... don't why they told me that but they did
Hey, I thought the way they told you after the MMI was odd. Or at least different to my other experiences. She told me I’d hear within an hour by email if Id failed. If I didn’t get an email then I’d passed. I never got an email and then next day HR emailed me confirming I’d passed. Is that how it was for you guys?

SA91

Hey, I thought the way they told you after the MMI was odd. Or at least different to my other experiences. She told me I’d hear within an hour by email if Id failed. If I didn’t get an email then I’d passed. I never got an email and then next day HR emailed me confirming I’d passed. Is that how it was for you guys?
Yep same, except I found out the week after.

JRR

I phoned and found out today that I passed! :D

Not got a course start date, but was told they expect it to be September/October, and Ill get contacted nearer then to arrange a medical etc etc

SA91

Not got a course start date, but was told they expect it to be September/October, and Ill get contacted nearer then to arrange a medical etc etc
Nice one, congrats. We should get an update by around 1st week of July.

SA91

Nice one, congrats. We should get an update by around 1st week of July regarding start dates

KelBoMan

I see Mr Horton has resigned...think it will have any impact on those of us in this situation of waiting to come on board?

KelBoMan

Aaaggghh..all this waiting. Anyone heard anything yet? If we are starting in Oct they must need us to go for medical by August given that we need to give notice to current employers and they need to do vetting/ref checks etc ....

Class315

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I'm very sure it has. Due to issues within the business the training school is on a hiatus, whilst the issues are resolved the majority of the trainees are front end turning/route learning when they should be in school whether it be learning rules or traction. Ultimately because of the hiatus there will be a large backlog once the school re-commences; so once that clears I can see new courses recommence.

I know the wait is anagnosing, but well done for getting this far. It's quite a waiting game but all worth it in the end.

SA91

Reports coming from the BBC about the possibility of GTR losing their franchise deals. What will that mean for the trainee driver candidates waiting for a start date? Hope it doesn't become another VTEC type incident.

KelBoMan

Reports coming from the BBC about the possibility of GTR losing their franchise deals. What will that mean for the trainee driver candidates waiting for a start date? Hope it doesn't become another VTEC type incident.
I know it’s worrying but at the moment it does say “could lose franchise”. And there is a real threat of that. But I also think the media and Government to some extent have to speculate on this given the masses of public affected negatively. GTR has put forward remedy action. I’m no expert but I think their plan is reasonable. It’s very hard but the public and Government just need patience and to let GTR see this next stage through. The benefits in the long run should pay off. The question is, is Charles Hortons neck enough or are they thirsty for more drastic action such as stripping the franchise? We just don’t know. I called HR last week to enquirer what the position was. She said no news as yet. I pressed her a little as this was the first time I’ve chased and I do have some important decisions resting on this. She said they were still recruiting for the positions; rather they’ve just had to put things temporarily on hold whilst the front end of the business is sorted out. But this was before this latest article on bbc .....

id9999

I have my assessments on 16/07/18. How hard are they compared to the practice materials?

ESONEULB

I have my assessments on 16/07/18. How hard are they compared to the practice materials?

The practice material is helpful but on the day it is harder. I took the week of work and practiced day and night.
The Bourdon Tool is really helpful and without hours of practice I'm sure I would of not got through.

What is the DMI and MMI?

Driver Manager Interview

Multi Modal Interview

You probably did not get a response because if have read the forum you would of come across this loads of times.
I would suggest you read as much of this forum as possible as the answers are all here.
Use the search engine will help you navigate to your answers.

Good Luck

KelBoMan

Hey, good luck with the assessments. Practice is key.
So if they are still putting candidates through the process then that’s a good sign, right? With all the radio silence from the company and threats of franchise strip, I was worried it’s all falling through. What do others think? Anyone heard yet re medicals? Date for cricklewood?

Hugz47

Wouldn't imagine you will hear any thing until August at the earliest. The training school is closed until the back end of September.

Some trainees were told the training may resume slightly earlier but it all depends on how things go with this new interim timetable.

ESONEULB

Wouldn't imagine you will hear any thing until August at the earliest. The training school is closed until the back end of September.

Some trainees were told the training may resume slightly earlier but it all depends on how things go with this new interim timetable.

That's is exactly what I've been told twice now..

Let's hope this new interim timetable runs smoothly.

I've been waiting what seems ages a few more weeks won't make much difference

Cheers for your update

KRO

id9999

The practice material is helpful but on the day it is harder. I took the week of work and practiced day and night.
The Bourdon Tool is really helpful and without hours of practice I'm sure I would of not got through.

Driver Manager Interview

Multi Modal Interview

You probably did not get a response because if have read the forum you would of come across this loads of times.
I would suggest you read as much of this forum as possible as the answers are all here.
Use the search engine will help you navigate to your answers.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice, better start reading up now :)

id9999

Hey, good luck with the assessments. Practice is key.
So if they are still putting candidates through the process then that’s a good sign, right? With all the radio silence from the company and threats of franchise strip, I was worried it’s all falling through. What do others think? Anyone heard yet re medicals? Date for cricklewood?

Thank you

id9999

Just make sure you do your research on GTR and GN. The interviewers I had were very nice and kept the interview relaxed. Have sent you a message with some of the Q's they asked.

If you don't mind. Could you also send me the questions aswell please.
If I get that far it would be a great help.

id9999

I passed my assessments. I have done some research on the MMI and can anyone shed some light as to why they keep asking you "how did that make you feel" and is this actually true?

ESONEULB

I passed my assessments. I have done some research on the MMI and can anyone shed some light as to why they keep asking you "how did that make you feel" and is this actually true?

Yes it's true..

They like to see that your telling the truth, and also they want to see how you coped with it etc

Don't answer with the same answer which is easy to do..

How many at your assessment and how many passed?

It feels such a long time ago that I did the assessments.

id9999

There were nine of us. No one got kicked out because they had so many tests to check. What they did was, let everyone do all the tests and then they were going to get back to each of us individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.