• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Station...

mr_moo

I'll take the open floor then.
Hopefully this one will last slightly more than my single post for Stratford above!

Just to clarify, this is taken from track level, it's not from a public area. I work for the railway so I was in a possession.

I'm an engineer and was out in my oranges when I took this. I do get interesting perspectives on things sometimes!

1633699163844.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
I would suggest that photographs are taken from public areas so that everyone has equal chances of viewing.
You have an unfair advantage taking them from the track level.

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
I would suggest that photographs are taken from public areas so that everyone has equal chances of viewing.
Advantage how? He can't guess his own pictures can he?

I think it's great to see different angles than the usual.

mr_moo

That's fair comment, however, I'd counter with:
- There's enough in the photo that you can see from a public area (station buildings etc), they are just viewed from a different angle.
- The track I'm stood on and the stuff surrounding it is all clearly visible from a public area too, so it's nothing you can't see, just not from that angle.
Essentially I thought it would be interesting to have to apply some slightly different perspective thinking and bring in something from a viewpoint many don't get to see.

I'd disagree with the 'unfair advantage' though - in a game like this where it's all just a bit of fun, I'd say there isn't much of an 'advantage' to be gained in any way. I just enjoy the guessing and the making photos interesting. :D

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I agree there's enough to see in there and it's a perfectly acceptable entry.

I also recognise it from the arched girders on the wall, but the name of the place escapes me at the moment...

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Good to see some variety! Good luck to those guessing!

steamybrian

Established Member
That's fair comment, however, I'd counter with:
- There's enough in the photo that you can see from a public area (station buildings etc), they are just viewed from a different angle.
- The track I'm stood on and the stuff surrounding it is all clearly visible from a public area too, so it's nothing you can't see, just not from that angle.
Essentially I thought it would be interesting to have to apply some slightly different perspective thinking and bring in something from a viewpoint many don't get to see.

I'd disagree with the 'unfair advantage' though - in a game like this where it's all just a bit of fun, I'd say there isn't much of an 'advantage' to be gained in any way. I just enjoy the guessing and the making photos interesting. :D
Fair enough.
If it is visible from public areas then my objection is withdrawn.

I do not know where it is.......

mr_moo

Nope! Neither of those.

I didn't expect this one to be this hard but I hope it's still fun not annoying. I'll do another clue tonight before I go to bed.