• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have you or do you know anyone who has taken up this offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petethetim

Have you or do you know anyone who has taken up this offer?
http://www.redteninternet.com/compare.aspx

To be honest it looks to good to be true & I am a glass half empty man so wren something looks too goo to be true thats because it is to good to be true :?

I ask because I was thinking of getting it for her indoors as an Xmas gift because lets face it its not really costing that much ,The cheapest desk top I've seen here in N.I.is £200 & thats with out TFT or any screen.

Comments experiences & suggestions all greatly appreciated ..

I know they will most likely come up with the goods , but when may be the question :lol: they may not be thinking of the same Christmas as me ;)

Forward any horror stories at once please.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
£467.64, (12.99x36), plus non mentioned installation.

Sounds OK, but looking at the specs it doesn't specify the RAM, or the size of the HDD. Comes with a Pentium 4 Processor, (lets face it, its getting old), and Windows XP Media Centre...

Bighat

£467.64, (12.99x36), plus non mentioned installation.

Sounds OK, but looking at the specs it doesn't specify the RAM, or the size of the HDD. Comes with a Pentium 4 Processor, (lets face it, its getting old), and Windows XP Media Centre...

Lets face it, you get what you pay for (if you are lucky), no more, no less.

As for the vague specification, if it ain't specified, you won't get it! :)

rail-britain

Established Member
Redten have been struggling to meet demand, see the ISP forums for reviews
You also have your standard BT line to pay for, which most comparisons don't include
The scheme works in the same way as for a mobile phone contract, in that you are tied in to the contract for a long time, and this is how the "expensive" equipment is paid for

Desktop spec :
Intel P4 unspecified
19" widescreen monitor
I'd recommend you contact them for the full system specification

petethetim

Redten have been struggling to meet demand, see the ISP forums for reviews
You also have your standard BT line to pay for, which most comparisons don't include
The scheme works in the same way as for a mobile phone contract, in that you are tied in to the contract for a long time, and this is how the "expensive" equipment is paid for
Thats what I thought too could they meet demand , the BT line is not a problem she is a BT customer & as for the full spec It was there all along we was just not looking http://www.redteninternet.com/desktop_hardware.aspx Memory & HDD are a bit lean on it but she would not be giving it the use I would ;)

T

Tom

I've been asked about this one in door - and the contract basically says that if they go bust during the 36 month term... you're f*cked and the bailiffs will be on their way...

petethetim

I've been asked about this one in door - and the contract basically says that if they go bust during the 36 month term... you're f*cked and the bailiffs will be on their way...

Why Would the bailiffs be on their way to do what Surely the contract can not be honoured if the company are not there any longer

T

Tom

It's the way the computer is loaned to you - I can't remember which way it is exactly but it's one of these two:
- You're given the computer and you pay off a 'loan', you can see where that one goes.
- You're given the computer and it remains owned by Redten until the 36 months are up.

Personally I wouldn't like to be locked in a 36 month contract as in the T&Cs it says the price could go up at any point...

petethetim

Got Ya tom Its not the same as the Carphone werehouse were they Clearly State in their Adds "They Give You a Free Dell Laptop All you have to pay is Carriage of £15"

T

Tom

Just had a look through the CPW T&Cs - it's essentially the same concept. Pay up and at the end of the contract the laptop is yours.

petethetim

Just had a look through the CPW T&Cs - it's essentially the same concept. Pay up and at the end of the contract the laptop is yours.

Hi Tom
You were Spot on I just received this E-Mail from Them Not 5 Min's Ago

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in our 12.99 deal.

This deal is a minimum of 36 months contract and payment are made per month to a finance company.

Once the finance company accepts your order it will take up to 15 working days for a broadband connection(8 working days) and the delivery of the PC (normally 2/3 days after the broadband is active)

I think I'll give it a miss finance company's are nothing but Fancy Loan Sharks

Juniper Driver

Established Member
I don't trust these companies.If people think they are in it for the fun of it then they are mugs.If it's too good to be true it normally is.

Status
Not open for further replies.