• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull trains to St Pancras this Sunday, 3rd Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I thought the capacity issue was the platforms at St Pancras?
That and you could say how the timetable is slotted together as really nothing can run on the fasts behind the Corby due to the Nottingham/Sheffield catching up by Kettering (or before). Presumably the St Albans terminators sit for a few mins before the move to the siding to make sure everyone is off first.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
A common thing said on this thread has been that the bedpan line is at/over-capacity

Is this true for the slow lines as well?
I can only think of (off-peak) 6tph thameslink + freight, which is not too bad?

Depends where and when you look. Off peak on a weekday there are various crossing moves slow - fast or v v for TL services at Carlton Road, West hampstead, Radlett and Harpenden. And the freight can be serving Elstow, Luton,Radlett, St Pancras, or running off to Dudding Hill or Gospel Oak.

On a Sunday, it is oftern a two track railway soemwehre betwen Bedford and London.

Put all that together and yes, the Slows are at capzcity somewhere most of the time.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Since the ORR moved to a new website I'm almost always unable to find things, but I recall reading documents when Hull Trains were applying for these St Pancras rights, and there was the usual back and forth of letters between ORR, HT and the usual operators on the line. I distinctly recall HT specifically stating that they expect to be "last of the graph" and that the other operators paths would come first and they would be fitted in around those - see that timetabled wait at West Hampstead I suppose. That seemed to distinctly placate EMT who were very unhappy in the early documents.

Clarence Yard

Established Member
That was probably the 12th supplemental to HT’s old TAA, done for the 2013 KX blockade. That would have been done under the old rules where you had to list all your diversionary routes in your TAA. Iirc, NR and HT did it under the Short Term approvals process so those rights, which would have been contingent in those days, died after the block.

In 2014 that all changed as a result of PR13 and the current rules were applied to all TAA. This is where you can go wherever you want on diversion, as long as you have route clearance and can be accommodated.

Status
Not open for further replies.