• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Intercity Fridays Only to/from Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nedchester

Established Member
Reported elsewhere that following a review of operations tomorrow (Friday 30th September) will be the last of these until further notice. The website ( https://inter-city.co.uk/ ) is to be updated in due course apparently.
Well I'm shocked...............not.

I suppose now Grant Shapps has gone then maybe there's less need for 'stirring things up' with his Brexit supporting mate? I always saw these trains as political.

fgwrich

Established Member
Well I'm shocked...............not.

I suppose now Grant Shapps has gone then maybe there's less need for 'stirring things up' with his Brexit supporting mate? I always saw these trains as political.
It wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve been axed to save LSL the money / hassle. To hear they’ve only really managed to fill a handful of coaches per trip, must have been costing them more to run than bringing in, despite the PR Guff about stepping in to help West Coast passengers.

LUYMun

Disappointing as I planned for a trip on it next month, but, like others have said, unsurprising. It seemed one of the disadvantage was the fixed price ticket from London of £75 for the whole journey as compared to £50 when traveling from Birmingham, and decreases from each stop thereafter.

crosscity

So, I made the effort and got to New St for a last photo. Compared with previous weeks it was completely dark, and the weather was terrible. Still it arrived only about ten minutes late and looked and sounded quite like the eighties thing! Sorry about the photo quality, but it's the best my cheap smartphone could do.

Fri 30 Sep 2022 at 19:33. Back to the 80's at Birmingham New Street. The last of the 'LSL InterCity' Friday Charters arrives at a windswept Birmingham New Street with BR veteran Class 86 No 86101 SIR WILLIAM A STANIER FRS in charge. The train is [1Z41] the 17:42 Euston-Manchester Piccadilly. Previously E3191. Numbers also carried: 86201.
[VID_30Sep22A] by Ray Honke, on Flickr

Mark91

That appears to be the cancellation confirmed. I received an email this morning from ‘Intercity’ confirming that The Friday Charter on the 11th November is cancelled and that I will be issued with a full refund. Looking on their web page, there are no future services listed.

Now to figure out what to do with my BA flight from Manchester to London the next day!

Status
Not open for further replies.