• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Transport Traction Group; Project 483

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

Established Member
Doesnt a battery have to be in the underframes, and not in a unit? And don't they cost an awful lot?
Not fair to appeal for money for this without a proper engineering approved design.

An old Nissan Leaf with the parts needed wouldn't break the bank!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanP

Doesnt a battery have to be in the underframes, and not in a unit? And don't they cost an awful lot?
Not fair to appeal for money for this without a proper engineering approved design.

Where are they appealing for money for the battery conversion?

It seems to me to be pretty clear that the initial aim is to purchase the unit, arrange a storage site and transport it there.

When they do actually start fundraising for a conversion then, yes, I would expect a design and a cost estimate.

Peter C

Established Member
Where are they appealing for money for the battery conversion?

It seems to me to be pretty clear that the initial aim is to purchase the unit, arrange a storage site and transport it there.

When they do actually start fundraising for a conversion then, yes, I would expect a design and a cost estimate.
From what I've read, you're correct.
The LTTG website (http://www.lttractiongroup.co.uk/#/) has a page for donations, and they are currently open to people donating. Their page about donations doesn't say anything specifically about any goals or anything but does say this:

We are currently able to take donations via Paypal or by Cash. Due to the restrictions currently in force we are unable to take payment by cheque.

Without the assistance that these options provide we will not be able to fulfil our aim of securing, restoring and operating under its own power a train of tube stock on the Epping Ongar Railway. The group has now confirmation from South Western Railway that we have secured a Class 483 unit, the most likely candidate being given to us as 483006.

I assume any donations made at the moment will go towards just getting the unit off the Isle of Wight and to the Epping Ongar Railway, but I may be wrong.

-Peter

I assume any donations made at the moment will go towards just getting the unit off the Isle of Wight and to the Epping Ongar Railway, but I may be wrong.

-Peter

I would think that that's enough to be getting on with at this stage!

The_Van

if theyre being withdrawn in January, "might" we get a little farewell if restrictions are lifted a bit more? i suppose thats big if

although i read christmas eve is probably the last working for them?
No travel between tier 2 and tier 1 permitted?

On Moderation
To be absolutely honest you had a point back when you wrote that; I was new to all this and that announcement seemed exciting to me at the time; We have come a long way since then!
Glad you took it that way! 8-)

It is a steeping learning curve - don't be afraid to ask and listen to those who've been through it before, if you get the chance to.

Status
Not open for further replies.