• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 intake)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mawkie

This might be a slightly silly question but how often do these normally pop up?
I seem to recall a FT CSA 2019 campaign, but I'm old and forgetful, and we had Covid, which stopped everything. There was also a NT CSA campaign in Aug 2021.

Lewis1810

And correct me if I’m wrong a CSA with LU can allow you to progress into other aspects of TfL

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
And correct me if I’m wrong a CSA with LU can allow you to progress into other aspects of TfL

In terms of you being able to access internal only vacancies (of which TfL tends to prioritise), then yes.

Jimbo12345

If you mean train operator it’s the only way. But yes like most jobs once your in and pass your probation etc your free to move about as you wish

Ladder23

Established Member
If you mean train operator it’s the only way. But yes like most jobs once your in and pass your probation etc your free to move about as you wish
When was the last train operator external vacancy can you recollect?

Applepie356

When the Night Tube first opened up there was an external vacancy for train operators. (Part-time) After that they deduced they had enough demand from within to fulfill vacancies for Night Tube.

Mawkie

Night Tube, Sept 2019.

Of course NT duties are covered by FT Train ops now, so won't ever be advertised again. The NT driver grade will eventually disappear as people leave, retire, etc.

Ladder23

Established Member
few years ago now and will never happen again
Say never, I remember that being said before those external posts, so will take that with a pinch of salt.

Night Tube, Sept 2019.

Of course NT duties are covered by FT Train ops now, so won't ever be advertised again. The NT driver grade will eventually disappear as people leave, retire, etc.
Id be curious to know the external/ internal ratio of successful candidates

Bigsej

Has anyone applied for any of these posts and heard anything back yet? Other than the acknowledgment of application that is.

Rme6

Someone I know applied not night tube and got invited for online assessments

Equitatus

Has anyone applied for any of these posts and heard anything back yet? Other than the acknowledgment of application that is.
Someone I know applied not night tube and got invited for online assessments
I've applied for the Night Tube position and have received an invitation to complete the online assessment. Does everyone who applies get invited to complete it?

mini007

I had invitation on Monday to complete online assessment for noght tube. I think every Monday they will let u know how u got on.

Lewis1810

Yeah, I received assessments Monday for the CSA 2 job, I remember reading that you hear back every Monday about how successful you have been

Bigsej

I did my first round of assessments on Thursday last week. Waiting to hear back now…

Sifyu

This might be a slightly silly question but how often do these normally pop up?

It is oftenish. There is alot going in within the company at the moment with regard to shuffles and potential role changes but there is always a big turnover with regard to CSAs so the company always has a need to replenish the waiting lists and staffing numbers.

We also have a few internal campaigns out for various roles; Supervisor, Control & Train Operator all of which tend to have very high interest so things should be moving along for this campaign at a steady pace too.

Ladder23

Established Member
I imagine a load of interest! Knew it wouldn't be around for long!

Bigsej

Do you mind sharing your experience of the assessments for the benefit of others applying?
I would have loved to but I have done a fair few assessments now for different jobs (TfL and others) and can’t remember for the life of me which was which! Sorry!

But whatever it was, it was pretty straight forward (provided I pass that is!)

Lewis1810

Do you mind sharing your experience of the assessments for the benefit of others applying?
The ones that I got were scenario based and then a personality assessment type quiz, as said previously I thought it was quite easy too

TFL_Rocks

Yes , they responded to me and asked me to do an assessment online which is the 1st stage of the application process