• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Group discussion (Lothian City, Lothian Country Bus and East Coast Buses)

CN04NRJ

Established Member
44 seems to be mainly older vehicles today .

Apparently due to roadworks causing frequent late running, and the lack of trackers subsequently causing issues. Easier to use the buses on other routes I was told.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edirim

Apparently due to roadworks causing frequent late running, and the lack of trackers subsequently causing issues. Easier to use the buses on other routes I was told.
Easy solution would be to just fit them with the outgoing vehicles trackers in the meantime...

Lothian_Bus

Thanks. Do you think we can we expect them back on the 44 once the roadworks have settled?

scosutsut

The roadworks in Edinburgh are here forever.
Tell me about it. Stupid Google Maps took me in the 44 route through Duddingston yesterday, the 44s running times will be getting mauled by those works as well as getting snarled at the giant pothole full of cones previously known as Picardy Place.

50 minutes to drive 15 miles. Out of rush hour. Gah.

Auld reekie

Tell me about it. Stupid Google Maps took me in the 44 route through Duddingston yesterday, the 44s running times will be getting mauled by those works as well as getting snarled at the giant pothole full of cones previously known as Picardy Place.

2 together quite often and the occasional 3.

CN04NRJ

Established Member

I think that was the problem, the lack of trackers was causing alot of problems all around (for customers, control & drivers). The 30 is absolute murder at the moment with the roadworks on Stevenson Road (by Balgreen) as well as the temporary lights at each end of Prestonfield Ave.

Bus9120UK

Established Member
I think that was the problem, the lack of trackers was causing alot of problems all around (for customers, control & drivers). The 30 is absolute murder at the moment with the roadworks on Stevenson Road (by Balgreen) as well as the temporary lights at each end of Prestonfield Ave.
The Stevenson Road roadworks are gone (travelled down it around half 3). Travel down there this morning was absolutely painful, this afternoon drove through without problems

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Good to hear, may I ask - what is the reasoning on why 618-627 seem to just be sitting at Seafield ready and not being delivered? Cheers!

Can't see why not, I could see 691-698 aswell knowing that it 942 is still 942 and not 20942.

No idea on that first question, I'm just a steering wheel attendant :lol:

Good to hear, may I ask - what is the reasoning on why 618-627 seem to just be sitting at Seafield ready and not being delivered? Cheers!

Can't see why not, I could see 691-698 aswell knowing that it 942 is still 942 and not 20942.
I think that it remained 942 was that it was going to go to Lothian Country and not East Coast Buses but I'm not 100% certain.

Bus9120UK

Established Member
I think that it remained 942 was that it was going to go to Lothian Country and not East Coast Buses but I'm not 100% certain.
It would've had its fleet numbers applied after it got the ECB livery so I highly doubt it. They are white (ECB standard) and not Gold (LCB standard). It was indeed meant to go but plans changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would've had it's fleet numbers applied after it got the ECB livery so I highly doubt, they are white (ECB standard) and not Gold (LCB standard). It was indeed meant to go but plans changed.
There was an image of 942 in NEW Lothian Country livery on flickr but has since been removed.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Yeah, there was no point in repainting it into East Coast Buses colours, should have kept it in the Lothian Country Livery.
Keep it in Lothian Country colours when its operating in service for East Coast Buses?

A little bit of common sense and logic from some people would go a long way:rolleyes:

OmniCity999

Established Member
There was an image of 942 in NEW Lothian Country livery on flickr but has since been removed.
Yeah, there was no point in repainting it into East Coast Buses colours, should have kept it in the Lothian Country Livery.
This was covered a while ago in great detail...