• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mac vs PC

Mac vs PC

• Mac

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • PC

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Both

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D306

Established Member
I have to say, I'd probably get a Mac later on, because they're better for films from camcorders and digital cameras. But, i'd have to go with PC at the moment. Also, My computer is 3.2ghz, so it's currently better than a mac

devon_metro

Established Member
I have a Windows desktop which is knackered and a Vista laptop. Does everything I need sufficiently.

Mac I like, they used to have it at school but the price puts me off it.

T

Tom

Also, My computer is 3.2ghz, so it's currently better than a mac

Single core, surely? In which case pretty much every Mac specs beats yours easily. 3.2GHz dual core processors are solely in the Mac Pro!!

Nick W

Established Member
Neither system seems to be very obedient to the user. Just at least everything on mac is more logical than on windows. It's always amusing when windows users try and find the hard way to do something on the mac, completely missing the "obvious" way :D.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
PC all the way.

Hate Macs or whatever they call them these days. Back in my day we called them Apples. They can make them look as fancy as they like, I'll always stick to my good ol' PC!

T

Tom

It's because of evil guards that you don't like Mac isn't it?

devon_metro

Established Member
IMO Mac has evolved. It used to look simply dreadful and we had some really old Macs in the music suites dating back from the early 90s. A total disaster of an OS. Whereas The latest version is simply brilliant.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
So why do I hate Macs?

Partly because they're (obviously) from the brains of Apple. Can't stand Apple whatsoever.

So why dislike Macs? Unreliable pieces of junk with a terrible operating system. I prefer my PC on which I know where everything is already, on which I know how to use everything and, best of all, I don't have to farce around making sure any software I want is compatible!

Daniel

Established Member
Have to disagree Julian. Im on a Mac now, and I have a converter thingy for programs which work on Windows and not Mac, and I can even go as far to install Windows XP on this system on a seperate partition 0 in the middle of doing that now acctually.

T

Tom

Julian - Llangollen was awesome, especially 37240! Footage will be online when camcorder re-works![CostaVeg]
Every Apple product I've used is unreliable. The amount of times they've crashed out on me, forcing a restart...
16:03

baby gie [ now on imac =] ]
when did you use them

Julian - Llangollen was awesome, especially 37240! Footage will be online when camcorder re-works![CostaVeg]
Like I say, I'm not sure
16:04

More than 4 years ago?
16:06

Probs
16:07

point made

Craig

Established Member
I had my first proper crash on my MacBook earlier on. It was caused by MSN :roll:

Nick W

Established Member
I always thought macs were more expensive than pcs, but that it was worth the extra.

Turns out I was wrong, macs are better value according to analysists, just there aren't any low-end models...

Daniel

Established Member
As I have said, I was going for a high spec Dell XPS laptop, but the macbook was cheaper and had a higher spec. :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Every Apple product I've used is unreliable. The amount of times they've crashed out on me, forcing a restart...

baby gie [ now on heroin =] ]
when did you use them

Like I say, I'm not sure
16:04

More than 4 years ago?
16:06

Probs
16:07

point made

Since when was permission granted to share an MSN conversation on the forum?

Besides, no matter when I've used Apple's BS, I refuse to use them again. Once you've used one of their things that is rubbish, you hardly want to go back to using anything else. The amount of times Apple products that have crashed on me is ridiculous. Only thing that they are good for is a cutter's torch IMO.

Bloody spoon goon...

T

Tom

I repeat - when did you last use a Mac?

Do you not consider that improvements could have been made since you last used a Mac?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I considered them. Then returned to normal thought.

Like I've already said, I just don't like Apple and their products.

T

Tom

I note that Julian refuses to mention when he last use them and LOL at the comment Craig :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I refuse to say when because I don't know when it was!A few years ago at the least!

And yeah, I'd agree with that sentiment Craig.

T

Tom

iPod Touch has arrived and it is well cool. So cool I am posting from it now!!!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Isn't that the thing that's supposed to have a dreadful battery life and an unsatisfactory memory capacity?

Bloody expensive IIRC.

T

Tom

Isn't that the thing that's supposed to have a dreadful battery life and an unsatisfactory memory capacity?

Bloody expensive IIRC.

Nope - you're thinking of something else ... :?

Does make me laugh how all these Mac haters can just instantly comment ...

Loader - I'd say being able to get the net and watch Youtube videos anywhere with a WiFi is pretty cool. :)

Wayfarer Sam

I am a mac guy all the way. I had a PC for years and recently upgraded to a iMac.

Seriously, once you have had a mac you will never go back.

(unless you are silly)

Beaker

Established Member
Nope - you're thinking of something else ... :?

Does make me laugh how all these Mac haters can just instantly comment ...

Loader - I'd say being able to get the net and watch Youtube videos anywhere with a WiFi is pretty cool. :)

Does that mean my windows laptop is cool, i can do all of those and more aslong as there is WiFi :p?

Status
Not open for further replies.