• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timpg

evening all. Just a quick question. I have been contacted today to attend a drivers medical Tuesday lunchtime next week. My query is though, I have a fishing trip on Friday till Sunday, would you say I’d be alright to have a few social beverages on the Friday and Saturday, without affecting the medical?i wouldn’t drink excessively if I was to drink. I think this has been covered before but couldn’t find the thread.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

oz220

evening all. Just a quick question. I have been contacted today to attend a drivers medical Tuesday lunchtime next week. My query is though, I have a fishing trip on Friday till Sunday, would you say I’d be alright to have a few social beverages on the Friday and Saturday, without affecting the medical?i wouldn’t drink excessively if I was to drink. I think this has been covered before but couldn’t find the thread.

If your medical is Tuesday lunchtime and you stop drinking Saturday evening then you could probably have more than just a few and still be ok for the medical.

The rough rule is that it takes 1 hour for 1 unit of alcohol to leave your system. So even 6 strong lagers on Saturday night will be out of your system by Tuesday easily.

Enjoy your weekend, have a beer or 2 and you’ll have nothing to worry about with the medical.

Stigy

Established Member
You’ll be fine. They say allow a clear 24-hours to be safe, so a few social beers over the weekend will be fine. I gave it 36-48 hours for mine (but I only drink a bottle of bud or something a night) but that’s because I overthink things haha.

Timpg

If your medical is Tuesday lunchtime and you stop drinking Saturday evening then you could probably have more than just a few and still be ok for the medical.

The rough rule is that it takes 1 hour for 1 unit of alcohol to leave your system. So even 6 strong lagers on Saturday night will be out of your system by Tuesday easily.

Enjoy your weekend, have a beer or 2 and you’ll have nothing to worry about with the medical.

Cheers mate, I thought as much. But obviously beings this is the last hurdle before contract.... I don’t wanna be doing anything to compromise my medical lol!! To be fair I better not drink too much otherwise I’ll only end up falling in the lake hahaaa!!

Timpg

You’ll be fine. They say allow a clear 24-hours to be safe, so a few social beers over the weekend will be fine. I gave it 36-48 hours for mine (but I only drink a bottle of bud or something a night) but that’s because I overthink things haha.

Cheers stigy!! I don’t tend to drink strong beer anyway... 3 cans of bud light and I’m well on my way these days pmsl!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.