• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Not Operating on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bow Fell

The cycleways are small change, and their introduction & management should be solely a council matter under the roads budget. My bigger issue with PTEs is the high number of non-jobs 'officers','consultants' and 'execs', all on over £75000 who don't actually do anything, whilst we hear on press releases "we are no longer able to fund these socially necessary services" - these PTEs have needed to go for 10-15 years now, and the current financial situation hastens the urgency.

Bothers me greatly, that Merseytravel's Councillor Chairman is by day a Network Rail manager. Major conflict of interest demonstrated by this thread.

And it’s worth mentioning, any change to the timetable, no matter how big or small, such as the removal of services like on Friday, or the TT change on Monday, has to be agreed by Merseytravel first, stipulated by the concession agreement.

KevinTurvey

My experience of Friday morning was that of some light snow in my area. I had checked prior to leaving home and saw no service at all, but that rail tickets could be used on buses. I travelled on an Arriva service with no problems, other than arriving 20 mins later than normal.

I was surprised by the cancellation of all services though, after all this is normal, expected January weather. Although in their defence, I heard from a work colleague that weather conditions out towards Ormskirk had been particularly poor all of last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.