• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Middlesbrough railway station masterplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

That appears different from what I was expecting. I was under the impression a new platform was getting built on the north side (down Saltburn slow line).
That concept was part of the previous Middlesbrough Council led masterplan. The real world site constraints meant that a new platform and concourse to the north of the up/down slow lines was never a feasible option.

I've attached some detailed initial drawings, which outline the proposed arrangement for the new platform and track layout. These are still awaiting sign off by Network Rail's engineering and asset management teams, so could be subject to change, but they're a good barometer for what to expect from the package of works:

Attachments

• MID-STN-700001-min.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 100
  • MID-STN-700002-min.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 90
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Thanks for uploading those. And welcome to the forums, I see this is only your first couple of posts. :D

Having zoomed in I can see in the small print the turnback siding has 278m standage, (10 car 800?) and P3 will be 150m, and its end is beyond the end of P2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.