• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Minimum connection EUS-WAT

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Hiya, what's the minimum time I've got to leave between scheduled arrival at Euston and scheduled departure from Waterloo in order to qualify me for delay repay if the first is delayed?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Hiya, what's the minimum time I've got to leave between scheduled arrival at Euston and scheduled departure from Waterloo in order to qualify me for delay repay if the first is delayed?

Thanks
Minimum interchange time for both Euston and Waterloo is 15 minutes, and the transfer time is 20 minutes for most of the day, so it'd generally have to be at least 50 minutes to be a valid connection.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor

Thanks
It depends. The minimum connection time at Euston and Waterloo is 15 minutes each. The deemed duration of the Tube journey varies between 20 and 25 minutes based on the time and day of week that the transfer begins. If it's at a time when the Tube is deemed not to run, the "transfer" (i.e. make your own way) has 30 minutes allotted.

So anything from 50 to 60 minutes, in essence. BR Times shows the full details (remember so select the right day of the week) and any accredited journey planner will only show compliant connections.