• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Loppylugs

Only one more Saturday before Christmas, so better start my shopping now.
Lucy Lastic and I are off to Shepherds Bush Market today.

johnnychips

Established Member
Because of the above’s unique location, I think I am able to employ the rarely-used ‘ratchet backtrack’ move to Vauxhall.

DerekC

Established Member
For once my trusty almanac has let me down, so I don't know whether the planetary alignments support the really radical move that is possible here, before the launch window closes. Waterloo's huge gravitational pull gives us the extra momentum needed to transit direct to .. Wood Green.

Loppylugs

Remarkable. I always thought hedgehogs hibernated in winter. However, saw one this morning obviously flattened by a vehicle of some sort.
Yes, he was Preston Road.

Trackman

Established Member
Interesting move. Going with Paddington. This is the Circle and Hammersmith & City station; just to be clear before the mods start messaging me.

ABB125

Established Member
I believe, if I've understood the rules correctly, that in this situation I can utilise the rarely-used double-switchback triple crossover roundabout sliderule procedure, which produces a result of Queenstown Road

DerekC

Established Member
No, no, no! The double switchback triple crossover can't be used on Sundays - please read Rule 17(b)(iii) clause 74. However what's done can't be undone so the only answer is to declare temporary insanity and head for Therapia Lane.

ABB125

Established Member
The Teeth Amendment specifies that a move played at 14.55 on a Monday must always end up in Tower Gateway.
Deary me! You've forgotten about the 63rd Amendment Rules! Part D, clause 534, subsection 21, rule 1468.37 very clearly states that a move at 1455 on a Monday must end up at London Bridge

Purple Train

Established Member
Deary me! You've forgotten about the 63rd Amendment Rules! Part D, clause 534, subsection 21, rule 1468.37 very clearly states that a move at 1455 on a Monday must end up at London Bridge
You are quite correct.
However, I have just found the 64th Amendment Rules, and Part F, clause 858, subsection 67, rule 2738.935, footnote 121, font size 3 states that a move at 17.55 on a Monday must end up at Heron Quays.

rapmastaj

With all those amendments under my belt, there's barely space left for mince pies and brandy. At this rate, the next chimney will be one squeeze too far unless I can find a Custom House.

DerekC

Established Member
It's quite clear that everyone else is ignoring the rules of this game, so why should I spend hours researching them? I'll just go where the current takes me - Ampere Lane.

InkyScrolls

If I've understood the rules correctly - taking the recently published Mornington Crescent Almanac & Omnibus, Winter 2022/23 Edition (ed. Gobnal-Green, et al.) into account, I've been left with the unfortunate position of being able to play only fourth-ranking stations (under Cheesegrain's rankings; see Umpires of the Empire, Cheesegrain & Alderman, 2009:2). To avoid Nip, I must choose either Chalk Farm, Putney or Swiss Cottage; however as a Northerner I am bound by Lord Umpleby's Rule - so Chalk Farm it must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.