• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mo ali

Fingers crossed. I would assume there has been a lot of applications for this sort after role!

When this vacancy went up in the time I applied Jan 2017 they had 10000+ applicants for 80 position so il assume it's roughly the same

Malala

When this vacancy went up in the time I applied Jan 2017 they had 10000+ applicants for 80 position so il assume it's roughly the same
Hi mo , could you direct message me, I can't seem to find the function . Had a question to ask if you have any time . Thanks

adx

So yea, similar boat to some, was bumbling along through stage 3, and then when it all started going wrong, I think I made additional mistakes by clicking the next one by mistake as I was too slow to click, reckon I made 8-10 errors, after none in stage 1 and only 1 in stage 2. So glad I went and bought a wireless mouse for my laptop though!

sharpiejas

Afternoon all, i have been invited to do the initial online test that has some SJT elements to it. Is there any resources that you could link me to that allows you to practice this. I see a lot of test papers that you can buy from the OPC, but these all seem to be for the tests that you have to complete from the stage after this one.

Ffcsteve14

So yea, similar boat to some, was bumbling along through stage 3, and then when it all started going wrong, I think I made additional mistakes by clicking the next one by mistake as I was too slow to click, reckon I made 8-10 errors, after none in stage 1 and only 1 in stage 2. So glad I went and bought a wireless mouse for my laptop though!

Make you right. Went and bought a mouse, would have been very tough with just the laptop one. We will wait and see.

Couldn’t really say how many mistakes in total I made in stage 3. Guessing 7 upwards but they may not include both.

OneLowban

Afternoon all, i have been invited to do the initial online test that has some SJT elements to it. Is there any resources that you could link me to that allows you to practice this. I see a lot of test papers that you can buy from the OPC, but these all seem to be for the tests that you have to complete from the stage after this one.
This one's all you mate. No practice material for that test. :smile:

Yousef Uddin

Hi, I done my VSE & SJT test on Thursday late afternoon. Has anyone done there's around that time and has anyone heard anything back as I've not had an email to confirm fail or pass.

ES21

I found these. Don't know if it's anything like you will be asked to do. https://www.situationaljudgementtest.org.uk/

sharpiejas

Thanks, i have saved that for a later date.

I have completed the initial online tests so fingers crossed

utternoob

well i failed the arriva assessments. Does that i wont hear anything back these lot then ?:frown::|:'(

Dean90

Got a quick question people. I've completed the SJT and waiting for a reply. I've noticed that another company are also taking trainee train drivers in my area, if I fail the SJT with these will it affect me applying for the other company straight away or have I got to wait 6 months?

martin2345uk

Established Member
well i failed the arriva assessments. Does that i wont hear anything back these lot then ?:frown::|:'(

I don’t see why it should..? I know you can only fail twice but is there a limit as to how close together your two attempts can be..?

Teddyward

You might hear back but you won’t be able to sit any further stage 1 assessment for 6 months.
Got a quick question people. I've completed the SJT and waiting for a reply. I've noticed that another company are also taking trainee train drivers in my area, if I fail the SJT with these will it affect me applying for the other company straight away or have I got to wait 6 months?
You should be able to apply to another company that doesn’t use this method.

I don’t see why it should..? I know you can only fail twice but is there a limit as to how close together your two attempts can be..?
6 months

SA91

If you've just done the first questionnaire which came straight after you submitted the application, then that won't count towards anything (apart from progressing with MTR). It's just an online questionnaire for MTR only. I spoke to OPC regarding this and that is what they said. So you're able to apply for another TOC if you desire.

utternoob

So i done SJT, tea-occ, dfft group with arriva on 1st of august failed question i dont know what i failed on i called the OPC they"ll be in contact with feedback does mean i gotta wait 6 months with all TOC's

SA91

So i done SJT, tea-occ, dfft group with arriva on 1st of august failed question i dont know what i failed on i called the OPC they"ll be in contact with feedback does mean i gotta wait 6 months with all TOC's

Depends on which one you failed on. I know DFFT isn't part of all TOCs assessments so if it's that one, then you will still be able to apply to the TOCs which don't do DFFT

Dscs

Hi can I ask which other company is asking for trainees please? My friend missed out on this application as it closed earlier than expected.

Colin01

Got a quick question people. I've completed the SJT and waiting for a reply. I've noticed that another company are also taking trainee train drivers in my area, if I
Hi can I ask which other company is asking for trainees please? My friend missed out on this application as it closed earlier than expected.
Frieghtliner

Mo ali

Depends on which one you failed on. I know DFFT isn't part of all TOCs assessments so if it's that one, then you will still be able to apply to the TOCs which don't do DFFT
South eastern is probly the only toc now that ain't doing the dfft yet but they won't be recruiting anytime soon either

utternoob

Call overground house and ask them they should tell u what part u failed but they won't tell you by what mark or what u got

I called the OPC they said an assessor will get back to me ill give overground house a call tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.