NECTAR Card on TOCs

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

Do any trail firms still give Nectar points when booking online,? I know LNER have stopped and I think SWR have too, I thought that GWR & XC used to but can not see any reference on their websites, I may also be using TPE & Northern later this summer if we are allowed to travel more.

Thanks, Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
GWR and Avanti still offer nectar points.

_toommm_

Established Member
I think it’s just the First Group TOCs now, so Avanti, GWR, and TPE. At least with TPE, they give Nectar points on any train tickets, not just ones booked for TPE trains.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I think it’s just the First Group TOCs now, so Avanti, GWR, and TPE. At least with TPE, they give Nectar points on any train tickets, not just ones booked for TPE trains.
OK, thank you, I shall book through TPE then.

westv

Established Member
The First Griup operator Hull Trains stopped giving Nectar points quite a while ago without making any announcement they were going to do so

Argyle 1980

GWR definitely still give 2 points per £1 spent on any ticket purchased for any journey or operator. GWR also often give large points incentives via the nectar app like 1000 bonus points on your next GWR advance fare.

Might be wrong but think Avanti might only award points if all or part of the journey is with them. Know that was definitely the case with Virgin.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Might be wrong but think Avanti might only award points if all or part of the journey is with them. Know that was definitely the case with Virgin.
I bought some tickets though Avanti recently for non-Avanti service and got no nectar points.

Argyle 1980

I bought some tickets though Avanti recently for non-Avanti service and got no nectar points.
Last time I booked through Avanti, it was for an Avanti journey but the points took nearly 60 days to show, so you might still get them. Know GWRs go on very quickly, often the next day.

Hadders

Established Member
Senior Fares Advisor
I think Avanti only give Nectar points if your journey is on one of their trains.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Thanks for all this I just did a load of bookings via the GWR website, no services were on GWR, they were mainly on Norther & XC and I seem to be getting Nectar points for all sectors. :) They will come in handy off my next Sainsburys shopping.