• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New computer for SWT ned!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I would like to save for a new computer people , my old time one is getting abit warn out and with 110GB hard drive it runs out fast even with a HDD helping!. Could anyone help?? please. I would like 400GB or less for a price budget of £400 - £450 because I will be using it for my normal stuff that I on here , plus pictures , videos and wider range on top. Also with Kuju Rail Simulator and TRS2006. I dont want a dell one I dont give two ways if its Vista!.

Thanks Fred.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
You expect him to know what all that means? I know I wouldn't have when I was at that age...

Established Member
Here's a build, excluding monitor

Wow thanks mate , thats what I need , hard drive , procceser wow. Although I will keep that in mind thanks. Ive been looking at this aswell Aspire T180 £295 with 250GB space but 500GB would sort me fine:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. Dose it come with VISTA and 1GB ram?.

This is what Kuju needs:
Operating system: Windows XP with latest service pack installed / Windows Vista
CPU: Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 3.0 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 1.0GB
Video Card: 256MB DirectX 9.0c compliant video card, Pixel shader 3.0 and above. (AGP and PCIe only)
Sound card: Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series from Creative Labs
Hard Drive space: 4.5 GB of space is required to install the game

Daniel

Established Member
That spec shows 1GB DDR2. I'd imagine software would be excluded however.

Muppet

Basically:

Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz x2 so 4.66ghz
2 Gigs of Ram
500 GB of HDD
MSI Motherboard
7600 GT PCI-e

Should work fine.

It Doesn't come with a operating system.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
That spec shows 1GB DDR2. I'd imagine software would be excluded however.

I've put it to order 2 1GB Sticks

Established Member
Basically:

Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz x2 so 4.66ghz
2 Gigs of Ram
500 GB of HDD
MSI Motherboard
7600 GT PCI-e

Should work fine.

It Doesn't come with a operating system.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

I've put it to order 2 1GB Sticks

I dont want to buy it Im just looking to see what I need , how do I do the operating system?:???:.

Muppet

I dont want to buy it Im just looking to see what I need , how do I do the operating system?:???:.

You can buy vista, but its a extra 150+ for Vista Home Premium. You not got a old XP CD you can use?

T

Tom

Fred, I would personally go for the 500gb model but please note that most of the prebuilt machines are generally built with rubbish graphics cards

Muppet

500GB from ebuyer I think - £356
Acer 250GB with vista - £295

Which is the question!?.

Fred, I would personally go for the 500gb model but please note that most of the prebuilt machines are generally built with rubbish graphics cards

Also remember that you'll have to put this computer together yourself, so if you never home built a computer before, it may be wise to get someone who knows how

Established Member
No, you only have 16GB left on your HDD, that is your hard disk ;)

No I have 16GB left on my computer hard drive , I have 256GB on my HDD external drive left , but I'd rather get a new PC , Ive had this one for 5 years and its getting abit worn out:shock:.

mbonwick

Established Member
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know any good Core 2 Duo compatible mobos?

Thanks,

LondonBVE

Lol, Mac Mini. I am now considering taking Vista Premium when I do the upgrade, here is around 20 pound cheaper for Vista Premium to XP Pro. I find it quite ridiculous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.