• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New - Trainee drivers MTR Crossrail Plumstead Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sotac464

Yep they notified me just now - got offered the position! Start in Jan or Feb next year Absolutely over the moon!

The interview is more relaxed than the MMI but its still quite formal. They ask about you, what interests you have, career change etc and knowledge of the company. Then a few MMI style questions. If you're prepared then you shouldn't have any problems. I was very impressed with it all - the managers came across genuinely friendly and you could laugh and joke with them. They will contact you to let you know how you get on. Think they said it could take up to 14 days.

Fantastic mate well done. I haven't got my assessment day 2 until the 30th May. Hopefully all the positions won't be gone by then lol. Anyway that's great news and they sound really nice.

Termak

Congrats NickR...how long did you have to wait for your DMI? Guess the waiting time is getting longer and longer..did my OTDPQ yeaterday so maybe will have DMI mid June by the look of things.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NickR

Cheers guys. I actually did my assessments with another TOC last year so the DMI was essentially my first stage with Crossrail. I applied the day the job came out. Still had to do the online tests first and then it was about a month wait before they gave me a DMI date.

Just had the e-mail through with a provisional start date of 2nd January 2018! It's going to go very slowly at work waiting for that now...

The1

Yep they notified me just now - got offered the position! Start in Jan or Feb next year Absolutely over the moon!

The interview is more relaxed than the MMI but its still quite formal. They ask about you, what interests you have, career change etc and knowledge of the company. Then a few MMI style questions. If you're prepared then you shouldn't have any problems. I was very impressed with it all - the managers came across genuinely friendly and you could laugh and joke with them. They will contact you to let you know how you get on. Think they said it could take up to 14 days.

Well Done NickR congratulations mate you've made it.

Learner

congrats Nick. How many people were on your interview panel? Can you remember any specific questions they asked you?

donpoku

Firstly, Nick got the job because he prepared prepared and prepared. They mix up the questions so no two person will get the exact same questions.

Secondly, the key to pass is to always answer all questions from the job description (find it and go over it) and role of a driver point of view. For example what you know about the company? You'll start with why/how mtr is successful as a TOC, routes, traction 345 and stages of the crossrail project. Why them and why be a train driver is your chance to sell yourself as a potentially good employee.

And finally have scenarios exactly like the one you used for the MMI and more. Once you got house on order way before the interview you'll be surprised how relax and confident you'll be on the day.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

NickR

Cheers guys. As donpoku said prepare exactly as you did with the MMI. I've seen the DMI described on here as like an informal chat. I'd disagree with that. It is an interview. Go in with that mindset. One thing I would say is don't try to blah anything. They WILL pick up on it. ie. don't say you like reading if you can't say what you're reading at the moment, what subjects you like etc.

Good luck to everyone though and I genuinely hope to meet you all next year.

EmmaK

Hi NickR x I also have been provisionally offered plumstead (well done to you) I was told I would receive a contract in the post and as yet have not got it! Have you?

NickR

Congrats Emma! They didn't mention when I'd get a contract. They did say they wouldn't be doing reference checks until later in the year so just assumed it would be then.

I did get sent their internal newsletter last week though which I thought was a nice little touch!

The1

Congrats NickR...how long did you have to wait for your DMI? Guess the waiting time is getting longer and longer..did my OTDPQ yeaterday so maybe will have DMI mid June by the look of things.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi Termak,

How's it going?

Have you got a date for your DMI as yet?

Is there anyone else waiting for a DMI date?

The1

Hi Termak,

True, It will indeed give you time to prepare.
Good Luck on the day.

cseasy1984

Hello all, just received the phone call offering me the job with a provisional start date of 5th Feb 2018 but is subject to change. I'm so pleased, this is the dream job for me with my first choice TOC. It has been an incredible experience and cant wait to join the team. Anyone else been given the same start date?

Termak

Hello all, just received the phone call offering me the job with a provisional start date of 5th Feb 2018 but is subject to change. I'm so pleased, this is the dream job for me with my first choice TOC. It has been an incredible experience and cant wait to join the team. Anyone else been given the same start date?
Hey..well done and congrats. How did you find the DMI?

Last edited:

cseasy1984

Hey..well done and congrats. How did you find the DMI?

Hi thanks, I found the MMI quite ok, I had an answer ready for every question. The only thing that I found odd was when they ask you ''how did that make you feel'' when your describing a scenario. Its quite an odd question to answer.

The1

Congratulation Cseasy on securing the job of your dreams well done,
In response to the last question asked by Termak, he was asking how did you find the Driver Managers Interview?

cseasy1984

Congratulation Cseasy on securing the job of your dreams well done,
In response to the last question asked by Termak, he was asking how did you find the Driver Managers Interview?

The DMI I thought was very formal maybe even more so than the MMI. They wanted to know what I had been up to work wise since leaving school which was hard to remember back that far. They were also keen to know what I knew about the MTR corporation and it's history. Also helps to research the new trains they are putting into service this month and also memorise the stages of the crossrail plan. Then came the criteria based questions, a lot like the ones in the MMI. They end with telling you what will happen if you are successful, the pay, training and so on. Hope this helps.

The1

The DMI I thought was very formal maybe even more so than the MMI. They wanted to know what I had been up to work wise since leaving school which was hard to remember back that far. They were also keen to know what I knew about the MTR corporation and it's history. Also helps to research the new trains they are putting into service this month and also memorise the stages of the crossrail plan. Then came the criteria based questions, a lot like the ones in the MMI. They end with telling you what will happen if you are successful, the pay, training and so on. Hope this helps.

Hi Cseasy, thanks for the update and well done again mate, you will be working for a fantastic company that will be improving the quality of travel for customers in london and all over England. This company will be setting the benchmark of how a world class TOC should be operating.Innovation is key with high standards of(safety, Reliability, Quality, Excellent customer service and cost effectiveness)

shahid_altaf

Hi mate quick question for you, how long did you wait for your dmi after passing the second stage assessment? I passed the second stage a week ago and am still waiting for an email, and also how long was the interview?

Last edited:

cseasy1984

Hi mate quick question for you, how long did you wait for your dmi after passing the second stage assessment? I passed the second stage a week ago and am still waiting for an email, and also how long was the interview?

Hi I had my managers interview just over a month after passing the dmi. It took them just over 2 weeks to inform me I passed the dmi and give me a date for the final interview. They said the interview could last up to an hour however I was finished in 45 mins. Hope this helps.

Guy456

Hi,

Is anyone still waiting for their DMI result?, I had mine early last week and am still waiting.

Getting a little nervous now, as it looks like if you pass, they call you sooner, and if you fail, then send an email around the 2 week mark.

Thanks

slidingdoors

Anyone happen to know what the travel concessions are with MTR. Is there mainline discount etc?

Sotac464

Hi Sotac,

So you pass the second day assessment then. Well done mate just one more hurdle to go. Good luck with the DMI

Thanks mate, I surprisingly found the mmi pretty straight forward and didn't have much digging going on.

Really want it bad now. One more push.

Sotac464

Hi guy's, I passed my assessment day 2, two weeks ago. Still haven't received an email inviting me to a dmi interview. Anyone know how long these things take?
Cheers.

Sotac464

Hi guy's, I passed my assessment day 2, two weeks ago. Still haven't received an email inviting me to a dmi interview. Anyone know how long these things take?
Cheers.

Scrap that I've literally just received an email inviting me for the dmi interview on the 29th of June. Fantastic news.

Status
Not open for further replies.