• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preserved DMU updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Western 52

Do you think they'll be repainted into heritage liveries, despite not being preserved? The LM one especially is looking rather careworn.
When new as class 155s they were Western Region, allocated to Cardiff Canton, so it would be nice to see them in chocolate and cream!

D6130

Established Member
When new as class 155s they were Western Region, allocated to Cardiff Canton, so it would be nice to see them in chocolate and cream!
Yes....but they never carried that livery. They were delivered in Provincial light blue, dark blue and white.

Last edited:

Western 52

Yes....but they never carried that
Yes....but they never carried that livery. They were delivered in Provincial light blue, dark blue and white.
I know they never had that livery, I just think it would look good while they are on a preserved railway!

1Q18

Do you think they'll be repainted into heritage liveries, despite not being preserved? The LM one especially is looking rather careworn.
If they do get reliveried, it does seem possible that some kind of livery advertising the GCR’s testing/training services would be chosen, rather than a ‘heritage livery’. Or perhaps some blend of the two!

fgwrich

Established Member
It's only looking rather careworn after spending part of last week having a load of Graffiti remover put one it - Unfortunately it received a visit by some of the local "artists" upon it's arrival at Rothley. Personally, I would love to see one back in Reggie Rail - 308 for purely selfish reasons being an Ex Wales & West / Wessex unit!

STINT47

153371 has made it's passenger debut at the Great Central Railway earlier this morning. It should also be running on Sunday and Monday if anyone wants a ride.

Is this the first run of a Sprinter in preservation?

Cymroglan

Not sure how strict we are about the definition of “DMU”, but thought I would mention that GWR Diesel Railcar #22 gets a running day at Didcot Railway Centre on Wednesday 17th April. Personally I really love this vehicle!

Davester50

Not sure how strict we are about the definition of “DMU”, but thought I would mention that GWR Diesel Railcar #22 gets a running day at Didcot Railway Centre on Wednesday 17th April. Personally I really love this vehicle!

I wasn't aware of these Railcars, but they look fantastic - thanks for making me Google.
Can just see Miss Marple alighting from one of these on the St Mary Mead branch :)

Cymroglan

I wasn't aware of these Railcars, but they look fantastic - thanks for making me Google.
Can just see Miss Marple alighting from one of these on the St Mary Mead branch :)
As a bit of an Agatha Christie fan, I really like the idea of Miss Marple enjoying a jaunt on #22!
I believe that only 2 others survive, the NRM owns #4 while #20 is under restoration at KESR.