• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains website

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

800Travel

It's back for me too. Certificate has now been updated, so rather than expiry today at 18:23 it is now valid until Saturday 18 May 2024 at 01:24:57

800Travel

I'm still having the same problem on my laptop and phone
I did even though the certificate was now renewed, but then tried private browser and it was fine. I wonder if perhaps our phones cached the old version?

The SSL certificate has expired today

Yes, but it seems to have been renewed:

It's back for me too. Certificate has now been updated, so rather than expiry today at 18:23 it is now valid until Saturday 18 May 2024 at 01:24:57

CR165022

Not sure what's just happened, but most of the allocations for today have just disappeared from the website, was showing up fine earlier.

skyhigh

Established Member
Not sure what's just happened, but most of the allocations for today have just disappeared from the website, was showing up fine earlier.
I can see them fine here - is it a certain TOC that isn't showing?

Welshguy1048

I’m sure this has been mentionedbefore but you have to be careful how you use RTT. I was at Edinburgh Park this morning to see the elusive 334040 and an HST rushed thro’ but no sign on RTT.
I checked Haymarket West Junction where it was shown as a Cadder-Haymarket depot. So tho’ I thought Ed Park would show up on all trains it doesn’t.
This is not a criticism of the excellent RTT who along with this forum, PTS, Freightmaster, Wnnx and others has made a massive difference to me.
Hello @60159

What is "PTS" that you mention as making a massive difference to you?

Dave

I'm trying to look at some GA and GWR allocations for yesterday but no allocations showing?

Tom

It'll be sorted out in the next few hours. We've had a number of issues over the last few days and the primary focus has been making sure the on the day information is accurate and worrying less about the historic.

Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate all the hard work you put into running the site

TheSel

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but is there a reason why some Class 195s show 'First and Standard class seating'?

An example below - an image from RTT showing today's 2S70, the 1648 Manchester Piccadilly to Sheffield, operated by 195114 and stating: "First & Standard class seating"

1711645616068.png

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but is there a reason why some Class 195s show 'First and Standard class seating'?

An example below - an image from RTT showing today's 2S70, the 1648 Manchester Piccadilly to Sheffield, operated by 195114 and stating: "First & Standard class seating"

View attachment 155293
It's just what's in the timetable data provided.

Bit like some services showing as having seat reservations or a catering trolley when they don't.

_toommm_

Established Member

View attachment 155293

It's a VSTP (Very Short Term Plan) due to the landslip at New Mills Central. The planner just probably didn't uncheck the option that first class is available.

duffield

Established Member
I'm curious as to why some services show miles and chains, and some don't - on the same route. I'm not expecting it to be a problem with RTT, I guess it's just what's in the data feeds, but it seems a bit random - maybe I'm missing something.

AlexNL

Established Member
If memory serves me right RTT has a background process which enriches the data received from the feeds with its own data. This adds the distances, as well as additional timing points and calculating passing times. But this does not run for VSTP schedules.

duffield

Established Member
If memory serves me right RTT has a background process which enriches the data received from the feeds with its own data. This adds the distances, as well as additional timing points and calculating passing times. But this does not run for VSTP schedules.
I'd understand if that was always the case, but here's an example which isn't VSTP but which still has no mileage. I've come across this quite frequently. I've just checked a sample of about 20 services starting at or passing through Woking on their way to Waterloo for today and some for yesterday and none seem to have mileages, despite being mostly not VSTP. Other services I've checked heading to Waterloo but not passing through or originating from Woking do have mileages. As I say, it seems a bit random, but there's probably something I'm missing.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I'd understand if that was always the case, but here's an example which isn't VSTP but which still has no mileage. I've come across this quite frequently. I've just checked a sample of about 20 services starting at or passing through Woking on their way to Waterloo for today and some for yesterday and none seem to have mileages, despite being mostly not VSTP. Other services I've checked heading to Waterloo but not passing through or originating from Woking do have mileages. As I say, it seems a bit random, but there's probably something I'm missing.
Tom’s explanation was in the thread last year, post #1532. But it’s come up a few times if you search the thread on “mileages”

As you say it’s definitely not restricted to VSTP schedules.

duffield

Established Member
Thanks, that effectively covers the two specific cases that have been identified. Although of course it then makes me start wondering what sort of specific features of a particular route prevent RTT from calculating the mileage - e.g. what *is* it specifically about Woking to Waterloo that's different to the other routes into Waterloo?

greatkingrat

Established Member
The issue appears to be Berrylands Jn. This appears as a timing point in all Up Fast trains towards Waterloo, however RailMiles doesn't seem to know where it is as any search to or from Berrylands Jn just gives an error.