• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains website

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tony2

I see Greater Anglia has joined Know Your Train :)
That’s a useful addition.

Also noticed a new panel under the train graphic showing current progress of the train?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Yes, but the fleet is so standardised it’s not such a big event but still nice to have.
Depends whether you are trying to chase specific units or not. Absolute game changer for anyone trying to accumulate 720s for haulage.

Also noticed a new panel under the train graphic showing current progress of the train?

That has been available for some time.

Tony2

I’ve possibly not noticed it as that feature doesn’t appear on any trains in my local area, is it specific to certain train operating companies?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I’ve possibly not noticed it as that feature doesn’t appear on any trains in my local area, is it specific to certain train operating companies?
Specific to the routes from Liverpool Street while trains are moving through a defined area I think.

The link above gives details
Supported Operators and Routes

Operator Supported Services

Greater Anglia
London Liverpool Street to Norwich
London Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria

London Overground
London Liverpool Street to Chingford (only)

TfL Rail
London Liverpool Street to Shenfield

This service will support any service operating along the line of route listed above. For example, London Liverpool Street to Norwich includes services from London to Ipswich.

If an operator, route or service is not listed, then we do not currently support it.

Tom

We've got some (fairly slow) plans to roll TYT out to wider areas in its full guise but it is in use in a fair few places under the hood. To pull the data together for TYT is incredibly complex as it uses a lot of fairly impenetrable datasets. You can tell (underlying) TYT areas as you'll also see "Ready to depart" and "Preparing to depart" on terminal stations and platform numbers will confirm as the train gets routed through them.

That'll probably be the focus of our next few months once we've rolled out the next upgrades to the platform - which will add off route capability in a limited way initially and some improvements to how location statuses (arriving/approaching/etc) work under the hood.

On another note, I think I'll be surprised if I see another operator releasing allocations in the future. That's not to say KYT won't expand though...

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
That'll probably be the focus of our next few months once we've rolled out the next upgrades to the platform - which will add off route capability in a limited way initially and some improvements to how location statuses (arriving/approaching/etc) work under the hood.
Does that mean that some short notice diversions will show instead of defaulting to "no report" when the train is off the booked route?

That would be very useful. :)

800Travel

We've got some (fairly slow) plans to roll TYT out to wider areas in its full guise but it is in use in a fair few places under the hood. To pull the data together for TYT is incredibly complex as it uses a lot of fairly impenetrable datasets. You can tell (underlying) TYT areas as you'll also see "Ready to depart" and "Preparing to depart" on terminal stations and platform numbers will confirm as the train gets routed through them.

On another note, I think I'll be surprised if I see another operator releasing allocations in the future. That's not to say KYT won't expand though...
This feature looks really cool! Hopefully we can see it come to the East Coast Mainline - especially given the frequency of diversions nowadays.

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
Not sure if this is already known but I just noticed that the pantograph is in the wrong spot on 769s on the drawings.
The pantograph is in the middle (either on Coach 2 or 3 nearest the other), either way this is a very minor thing very few would notice (let alone care about), but I wanted to at least make sure it was known.

Screenshot from Realtime trains showing a side-on drawing of a Northern 769 (769434 in this case), the pantograph is on Coach 2 facing coach 1 instead of facing coach 3
A Picture of a Northern Class 769, there is a red arrow pointing to the pantograph, which is on Coach 3 facing towards Coach 2

Halish Railway

Established Member
Not sure if this is already known but I just noticed that the pantograph is in the wrong spot on 769s on the drawings.
The pantograph is in the middle (either on Coach 2 or 3 nearest the other), either way this is a very minor thing very few would notice (let alone care about), but I wanted to at least make sure it was known.

View attachment 152824
View attachment 152825
This is an issue with the data RTT is provided with by Northern, where pantograph carriages and DMU driving carriages show up on the know your train feature the wrong way round.

Intercity_225

I've just found out RTT has (finally) updated the Intercity 225 diagrams with the correct livery. Not massive news but great to see none the less.

They do look good, however I’ve seen that 91119 is in the lner livery on there now too!
They do look good, however I’ve seen that 91119 is in the lner livery on there now too!
As has been mentioned tens of times in this thread, RTT simply displays the allocation data provided by the operator. It's probably a set swap where the replacement has been added but the original hasn't been removed by whoever input the swap at C2C for whatever reason.
I’m sure this has been mentionedbefore but you have to be careful how you use RTT. I was at Edinburgh Park this morning to see the elusive 334040 and an HST rushed thro’ but no sign on RTT.
I checked Haymarket West Junction where it was shown as a Cadder-Haymarket depot. So tho’ I thought Ed Park would show up on all trains it doesn’t.
This is not a criticism of the excellent RTT who along with this forum, PTS, Freightmaster, Wnnx and others has made a massive difference to me.

800Travel

Hi,

Please may someone tag in the real time trains site admin? I can't remember their username.

Went on the site today, and it said:
Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 18.33.16.png

[TRANSCRIPT FOR IMAGE: This Connection Is Not Private. This website may be impersonating "www.realtimetrains.co.uk" to steal your personal or financial information. You should go back to the previous page. Go Back. Safari warns you when a website has an expired certificate. This website's certificate expired 1 day ago. This may happen if the website is misconfigured, an attacker has compromised your connection, or your system clock is incorrect. Your system clock is set to Monday, 18 March 2024. If this is not right, fixing the clock may address this warning. To learn more, you can view the certificate. If you understand the risks involved, you can visit this website.]

Similar error on chrome

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 18.35.12.png

[TRANSCRIPT FOR IMAGE: Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.realtimetrains.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID. To get Chrome's highest level of security, turn on enhanced protection. Advanced. Back to safety]

Seems something needs updating.

Thanks

I've just had this. It directs me to change Date and time on my phone when they are perfectly correct.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240318-184054.png
    Screenshot_20240318-184054.png
    76 KB · Views: 44