• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

SMcA

I’ve just got my email from the assessment done on the 24th. Hopefully the same for everyone or at least some time soon. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mlammie21

Just received a conditional offer for airdrie depot pending medical and pre employment checks! Can’t believe it! Anyone else based at or going to be based at airdrie?

KGD1994

Just got my email back at the weekend saying I past the situational awareness stuff, so waiting on hearing back for the next assessments.

Can anybody thats passed the next set of tests advise on what to study/revise for in the meantime in anticipation of the tests please? Any heads up would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

John Bishop

Just got my email back at the weekend saying I past the situational awareness stuff, so waiting on hearing back for the next assessments.

Can anybody thats passed the next set of tests advise on what to study/revise for in the meantime in anticipation of the tests please? Any heads up would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
A read of this thread might be a good place to start!! Everything you need to know is in here.

RossMc

You will be sent a pack with practice material. In addition I purchased this book from Amazon with far more examples to get stuck in too. Practice, practice, practice.

Chaz15

Id also not stress too much, you could be waiting a long time,

Some people got that email a couple of months ago and have heard nothing.

It'll happen but it might not be fast.

Kuksoolgirl

Would appreciate anyones input on what seems to be the current order of events after Day 1 at Atrium Court?

I know 5 years ago it was DMI after, but I've seen it mentioned someone next had Day 2 at Atrium Court, not sure whether they were internal candidate or not.

I'm asking as I just got email when at the airport yesterday, so in Ireland for 10 days and all my trainer driver books, previous notes etc are back in Inverness.

mlammie21

I am an external candidate and sat assessment 1 on 3rd june and was advised at that point the next part is DMI. I then received an email on 11the june saying I had passed and that things had changed and would now sit day 2 before DMI. I sat day 2 which included MMI on 13th june and received my passed email on 14th june then received an email on 22nd june inviting me for interview on 26th june. Not sure if it as quick for everyone I would imagine it depends on the depot you are pinpointed for.

Kuksoolgirl

I am an external candidate and sat assessment 1 on 3rd june and was advised at that point the next part is DMI. I then received an email on 11the june saying I had passed and that things had changed and would now sit day 2 before DMI. I sat day 2 which included MMI on 13th june and received my passed email on 14th june then received an email on 22nd june inviting me for interview on 26th june. Not sure if it as quick for everyone I would imagine it depends on the depot you are pinpointed for.
Thanks for that, was also told at Atrium Court DMI next, guess I'll just have to research and practice for all possibilities, which is annoying as have left all my stuff in Scotland. I sent a return email saying I was away for 10 days, so fingers crossed I'll get some time after I get back to Scotland. I know when they give you a date for tests/interviews it's generally within a week.

KGD1994

You will be sent a pack with practice material. In addition I purchased this book from Amazon with far more examples to get stuck in too. Practice, practice, practice.

Brilliant mate thank you. Thats my plan, to revise out of my ears.

Id also not stress too much, you could be waiting a long time,

Some people got that email a couple of months ago and have heard nothing.

It'll happen but it might not be fast.
Thanks Chaz I was expecting a long wait after this email anyway given what comments on the earlier pages on the forum have said.

Last edited:

Kuksoolgirl

On the Practice material, there's a Written communication test near the end of the booklet, I'm taking it this is defunct as I'm not hearing anyone mention it?