• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scottish Citylink

Scotrail314209

Established Member
When I've been in Glasgow recently, I've noticed theres been a Plaxton branded Panorama in a silver livery operating the AIR Service.

Does anyone know the story behind that?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
When I've been in Glasgow recently, I've noticed theres been a Plaxton branded Panorama in a silver livery operating the AIR Service.

Does anyone know the story behind that?
I believe it was a demonstrator that Parks bought and have leased to West Coast (presumably while they await some more of their own or for a damaged one to come home).

Last edited by a moderator:

route101

Established Member
Has anyone yet managed to get the wireless chargers on the tables on the panorama to work with their device? Or is this another aspect of the panorama that isn't quite as advertised.
No, though I think I can't do it with my phone. Only tried the normal seats, not sat on the tables.

Has to be certain phones?

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Has anyone yet managed to get the wireless chargers on the tables on the panorama to work with their device? Or is this another aspect of the panorama that isn't quite as advertised.

No, though I think I can't do it with my phone. Only tried the normal seats, not sat on the tables.

Has to be certain phones?

My phone charges fine on them.
Wireless charging will only work if your phone supports it. I would suggest a quick consultation of your phone's documentation to find out if this is a supported feature.

Established Member
Does anyone know if the N900 is still running? Still being advertised as 24/7 but the website is only showing the day services to book online.

Edirim

Does anyone know if the N900 is still running? Still being advertised as 24/7 but the website is only showing the day services to book online.
Starts back up again on 7th June according to Timetables section of Citylink Website.

Established Member
Starts back up again on 7th June according to Timetables section of Citylink Website.
Ah okay. Will need to rethink then.

I don't suppose anyone else has any suggestions for getting from Edinburgh to Glasgow for an 0655 flight do they?

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Ah okay. Will need to rethink then.

I don't suppose anyone else has any suggestions for getting from Edinburgh to Glasgow for an 0655 flight do they?

I can only really suggest a hotel. First’s 500 operates throughout the night still I believe.

EDIT: First bus is at 04:15 for the 500. It isn’t operating 24 hours at the moment.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Aye the issue is that I am unable to leave Edinburgh until after 0030.

It sounds like you might have to totally rethink, or find a way to leave Edinburgh earlier.

It’s a shame that the N900 isn’t running, as it does make things tough.

Established Member
It sounds like you might have to totally rethink, or find a way to leave Edinburgh earlier.

It’s a shame that the N900 isn’t running, as it does make things tough.
Aye, might be a case of trying to sweet talk the Cally Sleeper Guard to take me to Queen St or a taxi. Unless I can find a way to leave Edinburgh earlier

route101

Established Member
How busy was the N900 pre covid? Did anyone use it?

When I had an early flight out of Edinburgh, I booked a cheap Travelodge near the airport.

Where are you flying to?

Established Member
How busy was the N900 pre covid? Did anyone use it?

When I had an early flight out of Edinburgh, I booked a cheap Travelodge near the airport.

Where are you flying to?
Flying to London, and it's been variable to be honest. Just seems odd that it would run when people were not supposed to be travelling but now they can it's not running...

Problem solved now though, thank you everyone.

route101

Established Member
Flying to London, and it's been variable to be honest. Just seems odd that it would run when people were not supposed to be travelling but now they can it's not running...

Probably little demand for the service still. With some form of Edinburgh Festival, I reckon there is users.

Was there not an early London flight from Edinburgh?

Established Member
Probably little demand for the service still. With some form of Edinburgh Festival, I reckon there is users.

Was there not an early London flight from Edinburgh?
Aye but about £150 more expensive!

I should have done what I tell at least 5 passengers every day and check the Timetables before planning or travelling! :oops:

Blindtraveler

Established Member
The n900 could sometimes have a half decent load on, I used to use it it as a way of reaching the 04 28 Glasgow Central London Euston train, pre 10 am arrival in London and more importantly not a single Azooma involved

Scotrail314209

Established Member

No worries!

Glad to see you were able to find a solution. Enjoy your trip!

route101

Established Member
Never used the N900. Would still need a taxi from Glasgow City Centre to my house. I suppose if you were a visitor, it would be useful after a night out.

LiviCrazy

Can anyone tell me if the 900 is prebook only at the moment? I’m looking to catch it from Harthill on Tuesday but not quite sure what journey I will be there for so would rather buy on bus. Or is there an open ticket that can be prebought that can allow open travel?

route101

Established Member
Can anyone tell me if the 900 is prebook only at the moment? I’m looking to catch it from Harthill on Tuesday but not quite sure what journey I will be there for so would rather buy on bus. Or is there an open ticket that can be prebought that can allow open travel?
No, you can buy on the bus and travel when you want. Buses are every 15 minutes and should be double decker coaches.

route101

Established Member
Only time its pre book is after the bells on Hogmanay, IIRC. It would be awkward if it was pre book ticketing.

LiviCrazy

Only time its pre book is after the bells on Hogmanay, IIRC. It would be awkward if it was pre book ticketing.
Thanks. I was sure I’d seen earlier this year/late last year a couple of the 900s with “Pre-book only” on the destination boards but maybe misremembering, not been in Edinburgh or Glasgow much this last year.

route101

Established Member
Thanks. I was sure I’d seen earlier this year/late last year a couple of the 900s with “Pre-book only” on the destination boards but maybe misremembering, not been in Edinburgh or Glasgow much this last year.
I wonder if it was New Years day or Christmas. The mega bus tickets for the 900 are only valid on bus shown on ticket, though I've seen drivers waive that.

cambsy

On Moderation
When are Citylink Gold due to start running again and have hosts on board? I know they sort of run at moment but just not Gold service. I have used the 900 services throughout the night, using a 3 day explorer ticket and never seen the service that busy or had any problems with them, though I've not been during Edinburgh festival or Friday-Saturday nights etc.

overthewater

Established Member
When are Citylink Gold due to start running again and have hosts on board? I know they sort of run at moment but just not Gold service. I have used the 900 services throughout the night, using a 3 day explorer ticket and never seen the service that busy or had any problems with them, though I've not been during Edinburgh festival or Friday-Saturday nights etc.

They would have to rehire the staff; I believe they were all made redundant last spring. Of course they would have to wait until social distancing on public transport is removed before anything can be looked at.