• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seeing forum members unexpectedly

shredder1

Established Member
Neither of us knew until 2 days later, so I'm not sure if it counts, but me and @shredder1 were both in Wigan Wallgate and both taking pictures/recording 66059 go by (their trip report link here), you can see them towards the left of this frame from my video, near the lift.
A photo of 66059 passing Wigan Wallgate, a figure of a person is visible to the left, near the stairs.
You got as better shot than me though. I did meet a RailUK member at Stockholm Central station, Sweden last september.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
@stuartmoss and I ended up on the same 158 from Leeds earlier - though neither of us were quite sure enough of the other’s identity to actually say hello until it was too late and they had already alighted

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
The guy temporarily (until we both moved) sat in front of me on the 0850 Manchester Picc to Windermere looks really, really familiar for some reason, to the point where I feel sure he’s a forumer. Haha. :)

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I wonder if the young passenger at the buffet on the 2118 Preston to London Euston via Birmingham (I did Preston Crewe) I spoke to on Thursday was a forum member? He seemed to know his stuff. I was too flustered from a very stressful journey to ask.