• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seemingly unadvertised cancellation of 2L67 2120 Blackburn to Southport by Northern

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengley

Established Member
As above - this train is not showing on RTT at all this week. Next week it's a bus. Nothing on Northern's website seems to suggest any engineering works are affecting it. There is no replacement bus service advertised this week at all. Does anyone know why? My partner relies on this train to get home and the next 'train' is an LTP replacement bus since December.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Seems to be an STP operating only as far as Bolton. Where is your partner attempting to travel from and to? (Understand if you'd rather not divulge that!)

bengley

Established Member
Seems to be an STP operating only as far as Bolton. Where is your partner attempting to travel from and to? (Understand if you'd rather not divulge that!)

Manchester Vic to Hag Fold. This journey has no replacement at all which to me seems pretty unacceptable. It's not even advertised anywhere easy to find on Northern's website but I did just find it on Journey check.

"
Planned engineering work will take place between Daisy Hill/Wigan Wallgate and Bolton/Hindley on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 22:45, Monday 06 February 2023 to 05:45, Friday 10 February 2023.
Some services will be replaced by buses throughout.
Monday 6th to Thursday 9th February
The 21:20 Blackburn to Southport service will be diverted to terminate at Bolton. An additional train service will run between Wigan Wallgate and Southport"

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Manchester Vic to Hag Fold. This journey has no replacement at all which to me seems pretty unacceptable. It's not even advertised anywhere easy to find on Northern's website but I did just find it on Journey check.

"
Planned engineering work will take place between Daisy Hill/Wigan Wallgate and Bolton/Hindley on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 22:45, Monday 06 February 2023 to 05:45, Friday 10 February 2023.
Some services will be replaced by buses throughout.
Monday 6th to Thursday 9th February
The 21:20 Blackburn to Southport service will be diverted to terminate at Bolton. An additional train service will run between Wigan Wallgate and Southport"
Interesting. It seems to be doing similar things next week too

bengley

Established Member
At least next week it has a replacement bus! This week passengers have no alternative at all!

RAPC

Just checked on the Northern website. They have posted up engineering timetables for this week and next, that covers the cancellation of this service.

I found them by going to Hag Fold as a station and then looking at timetables.

It also seems to suggest their is a replacement bus service this week.

bengley

Established Member
Just checked on the Northern website. They have posted up engineering timetables for this week and next, that covers the cancellation of this service.

I found them by going to Hag Fold as a station and then looking at timetables.

It also seems to suggest their is a replacement bus service this week.
Are you sure that's not the 22.20 Blackburn to Southport? I couldn't see anything about this, the 21.20.

RAPC

Are you sure that's not the 22.20 Blackburn to Southport? I couldn't see anything about this, the 21.20.

My apologies, you are absolutely correct. Either way, it appears that Northern are using the 'pre-cancelled, requires no alternative' approach, which is really poor for a last service.

Geeves

Established Member
On Tuesday it was noticed there was an issue with the paths not being updated so the train ran forward at Victoria to Southport at 2240 as a 2T instead of 2L on that one anyway

bengley

Established Member
On Tuesday it was noticed there was an issue with the paths not being updated so the train ran forward at Victoria to Southport at 2240 as a 2T instead of 2L on that one anyway
And also yesterday. It's in for tonight too so someone has clearly noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.