• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern recruiting trainee drivers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DriverGB

I don't know, but interested in what other people thought.

I applied in April and was told that I would be invited to assessments. Since then, I have taken and passed assessments with another TOC, and notified Southeastern. They also told me that they have fewer vacancies than they expected, but I'm still on their lists.

I was thinking last night if I should apply again, but decided not as I currently have an application in progress. However, I thought I might just shoot them another "remember me" e-mail.

What do other people here think?
If you had completed assessments before and passed them will you have to do them again with Southeastern

Established Member
Yeah south eastern as far as I'm aware. Do assessments> vse and MMI> DMI

The MMI is on the afternoon of the assessment day in Tonbridge. Applicants who are successful at the morning aptitude tests are asked to stay for the interview, unsuccessful applicants are sent home immediately.

Your DMI will take place at a later date at your prospective depot. It’s worth remembering that the MMI counts as one of your two strikes, whereas the DMI doesn’t.

Rhia

Hey I have a upcoming DMI for SE But due to current events I have to carry out the interview via Skype. Anyone had this before. I dont know whether to be more anxious or more at ease.

Azzypaul

Had email from southeastern for assessment .asking me to book via the assessment centre scheduling tool. But I can’t book anything any other people had this email .i would of fault no assessment centres are open now .waited 3 years for this now there is a pandemic going on . But at least I’m safe

Azzypaul

No I will do Monday .i have emailed them waiting for reply .i just think we’re everything is locked down .there not doing test centres at the moment

DA1

Did anyone get another email the other day regarding their trainee driver application ensuring that it’s updated by 15th May or it’ll be removed? I was then told that as soon as they can get back into the offices my application will be progressed.

Did anyone get another email the other day regarding their trainee driver application ensuring that it’s updated by 15th May or it’ll be removed? I was then told that as soon as they can get back into the offices my application will be progressed.

Yes I've had the same email and I've been emailing them about it as there isn't anything to update on my application but they don't seem to believe me!

Kwikz

i received an email id say roughly 10 days ago that assessment days were being held. i had my VSE and MMI earlier yesterday and recieved a very quick reply approximately 5 hours after leaving and they have booked me in for a DMI this friday via video call. It looks like they're trying to be quite rapid with responses

Gorlash1886

So like others I've been invited to an assessment day I'm super excited for it and also dreading it, does anyone know which tests I can expect to face, as a caveat are they enhanced or national? Any input would be fantastic.

Kwikz

They should have sent you all the practice material and they are at an enhance level they do 2 assessment days followed by a dmi which should still be a video call. Good luck and which depot?

LouCov

So like others I've been invited to an assessment day I'm super excited for it and also dreading it, does anyone know which tests I can expect to face, as a caveat are they enhanced or national? Any input would be fantastic.

Southeastern is national standard, recently did mine as of last week

Gorlash1886

I think I applied for Dartford all that time ago as it's only 20mins by car from me, they did indeed send me the practise material I was more curious to see if they had all the tests in one day now but you answered that question. What I find confusing is that some people say they are enhanced others say national.

DA1

I also applied for Dartford some time ago before I was successful in gaining a shunter driver position at another depot within the company. I wonder whether that’ll work against me?

Kwikz

I think I applied for Dartford all that time ago as it's only 20mins by car from me, they did indeed send me the practise material I was more curious to see if they had all the tests in one day now but you answered that question. What I find confusing is that some people say they are enhanced others say national.

well I definitely had to do kore tests with SE than I did with the SWR so can only assume they are enhanced. And the assessor conducting my recent MMI said it was enhanced

Gorlash1886

Well I'm pleased to say I was successful at the assessment centre and I am now just waiting to do my dmi, I'm very excited as I'm sure you can imagine

Kwikz

Well I'm pleased to say I was successful at the assessment centre and I am now just waiting to do my dmi, I'm very excited as I'm sure you can imagine

Brilliant well done! If it's anything like what mine was recently. It'll be done as a video call.

Kwikz

I've also been offered a place on a course starting September 7th if anyone else is on the course too!

Gorlash1886

Congratulations mate, mine is also going to be done via video call its moving really fast as mine is friday.

Kwikz

Research the company definitely
Smart attire in the living room felt weird for me
Read all the prep info they've sent
And come prepared with answers from your current or previous experiences in regards to customer service, improving your knowlegde and representing a company

Status
Not open for further replies.