• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sidious

A heads up:

East Coast are offering 1/3rd off all Standard Advance fares for travel between 3rd June and 9th August.

Book by 23:59 on Tuesday 21 May via East Coast website.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A1

rsh posted on facebook that due to "an unexpected high volume of redemptions" there are delays in the tesco vouchers crediting to accounts. shock horror. lol.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A heads up:

East Coast are offering 1/3rd off all Standard Advance fares for travel between 3rd June and 9th August.

Book by 23:59 on Tuesday 21 May via East Coast website.
But don't book just yet - the website can't cope with the pressure! I had to give up!

Searle

Established Member
I beleive there is a list on their site which is down ecml with ones like Leeds and Selby as well

A list is here:

London King’s Cross, Stevenage, Peterborough, Grantham, Newark, Lincoln, Retford, Doncaster, Selby, Brough, Hull, Wakefield, Keighley, Skipton, Horsforth, Leeds, Shipley, Bradford, Harrogate, York, Northallerton.

Between any two of these stations I think

Goatboy

Established Member
rsh posted on facebook that due to "an unexpected high volume of redemptions" there are delays in the tesco vouchers crediting to accounts. shock horror. lol.

After the five consecutive 'unexpected high level of redemptions' on the trot for RSH don't you think they'd learn to... expect a high level of redemptions? :p

trentside

Established Member
After the five consecutive 'unexpected high level of redemptions' on the trot for RSH don't you think they'd learn to... expect a high level of redemptions? :p

They are run by Atos though, so you're probably expecting too much. ;)

Starmill

Veteran Member
They are run by Atos though, so you're probably expecting too much. ;)

Seriously, has there ever been a RSH voucher event that has gone well? Perhaps they know only a certain proportion of people will get them due to these technical faults, so when it says something like "Up to 30,000 available" they know it won't really cost them £300,000...

Bungle73

On Moderation
I don't see the problem. People who keep their finger on the pulse invariably get them, and those that wait until it turns up in the paper.....well they don't because they are too slow.

I wish I'd known I could book 3 though. :(

IanD

Established Member
I don't see the problem. People who keep their finger on the pulse invariably get them, and those that wait until it turns up in the paper.....well they don't because they are too slow.

I wish I'd known I could book 3 though. :(

It doesn't work like that though. The last Sunday Telegraph one was supposed to be first come "first served" but it clearly wasn't and I have evidence to prove it. I've lodged a complaint with the ST.

Goatboy

Established Member
I have just received my vouchers. They seem to have been added exactly 3 days after I received the email with subject "Your Tesco Clubcard rewards extra perk from RedSpottedHanky.com", which I received 1 day after the initial "Clubcard Order Confirmation" email.

It is now 5 days since I ordered and 4 days since the confirmation - no vouchers here yet!

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Just checked my RSH account and my 3 x £5 vouchers have now appeared. Ordered mine last wednesday, for the record.

Lrd

Established Member
Travelodge are doing £10 RSH vouchers.

Instructions on Student Money Saver here.

Just make sure you are logged in to RSH to open the second link.

Last edited:

benk1342

I managed to do one, then my wife went to do it and it says the promotion is closed and all 30,000 have been allocated.

---EDIT---

Never mind, notwithstanding that the Ts&Cs claim that it is closed, we managed to get one one my wife's account as well in the end. Unlike some other promotions this one credits immediately if you jump through all the hoops.

I found I had to use a different browser to do my wife's one, as even though I logged myself out and logged my wife in to RSH, when I clicked the second link (to turn the first code into the unique RSH code) it reverted to my RSH account---even though I had logged out! Possible security issue there...

But switching to a different browser solved it.

Last edited:

northwichcat

Veteran Member
I found I had to use a different browser to do my wife's one, as even though I logged myself out and logged my wife in to RSH, when I clicked the second link (to turn the first code into the unique RSH code) it reverted to my RSH account---even though I had logged out! Possible security issue there...

RSH doesn't make cookies expire when you log out. I've noticed this before.

Goatboy

Established Member
Travelodge are doing £10 RSH vouchers.

Instructions on Student Money Saver here.

Just make sure you are logged in to RSH to open the second link.

Do they EVER learn? Couldn't they sort out the Tesco code farce before embarking on yet another separate one?

Darandio

Established Member
Have seen these mentioned in previous years but didn't see this one on the site.

Fill out the form at http://www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/dailymail to receive a free 2-month railcard valid until 31st July 2013.

This offer is only available online until 23.59 hrs 23rd May 2013.

Terms and conditions

Your Family & Friends Railcard will be distributed as soon as possible. It is not subject to the usual Family & Friends 1-year and 3-year Railcard delivery conditions.
Your Family & Friends Railcard is valid until 31st July 2013.
Railcard to be carried on all journeys and used when purchasing discounted tickets.
Offer available to residents of Great Britain aged 16 years or over - excludes employees of Daily Mail or ATOC Ltd.
Minimum group size is at least one adult (a named cardholder) and at least one child aged 5 to 15 years. Maximum group size is four adults (aged 16 years or over) and four children (aged 5 to 15).
This Railcard is not transferable and remains the property of ATOC Ltd.
Family & Friends Railcard discounts are not available on First Class fares.
A morning peak restriction applies for journeys in London and the South East, Mondays to Fridays.
£10 saving is only available for online purchases of a 1-year Family & Friends Railcard and cannot be redeemed at stations.
£10 saving is valid between 12th July and 12th August 2013 with Promotional Code available to Daily Mail Railcard holders only.
A full set of Family & Friends Railcard Terms & Conditions is available from any staffed station ticket office or at www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk.
The Railcard and train travel are subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage. Names of the Train Companies and copies of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage are available at www.nationalrail.co.uk/nrcc.
Only one free two month Family & Friends Railcard can be issued per person. No replacements will be issued if lost or stolen.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Do they EVER learn? Couldn't they sort out the Tesco code farce before embarking on yet another separate one?

"The Loyalty Portal is experiencing technical difficulties. We are working to get the portal back up and running. Please try again later."

Bah!

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I got a Travelodge voucher yesterday and loaded it into my account. However when I went to book my tickets today, I went into my RSH account, under eVoucher details and guess what.

E-vouchers
XXXXXXX Expiry Tue, Jun 11th 2013 Remaining balance: £0.00

It's now magically got a zero balance! I knew it was too good to be true.