• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Edvid

Established Member
An update on the Sun/RSH promotion - they now want five coupons instead of three; applications will therefore cost between £2.50 and £3, depending on dates/postage method. Corresponding e-vouchers will expire on 30 August.

Click here for full T&Cs.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Searle

Established Member
After the unstickying of this thread, I hope it doesn't die. This is my main source of info about quick deals :( I'll still try and update it when I can if other people do too. Personally I didn't really see any problem with it being stickied, it just kept it active and made it easier to access.

IanD

Established Member
Redspottedhanky are giving 100 reward points for every transaction in May with no £1(*) minimum spend. Points may take until end of June to be added.

Details here, Terms and Conditions (item 7). RSH have confirmed the points are awarded for every booking made in response to a question on their facebook page.

(*) Edit: RSH don't seem to allow transactions under £1.

Don't want to go off-topic, but has anyone got their bonus points from this promotion yet?

Be3G

Established Member
After the unstickying of this thread, I hope it doesn't die. This is my main source of info about quick deals :( I'll still try and update it when I can if other people do too. Personally I didn't really see any problem with it being stickied, it just kept it active and made it easier to access.

It is still linked to from the new sticky thread about offers, so not too difficult to get to if it falls off the first page of threads.

Deerfold

Veteran Member

Hadn't realised it had been unstickied with another thread until you posted that!

Shame the other thread doesn't allow any replies as I'm not sure about the phrasing of some of the offers. Presumably I'm best PMing bb21...

DeeGee

Don't want to go off-topic, but has anyone got their bonus points from this promotion yet?

Thought I'd have a check. Bought a ticket with e-vouchers on 31 May. Noticed that they'd credited me with 8 points for the purchase, but no bonus. The 8 points were given on 1st June!

I've emailed them to find out...

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Shame the other thread doesn't allow any replies as I'm not sure about the phrasing of some of the offers. Presumably I'm best PMing bb21...

Yes, please get in touch if you have any comments or suggestions.

cjp

Ok just a reminder

Scotrail's Club 55 is running until the end of this month.

£19 return between any two stations including to both Carlisle and Berwick - not valid on East Coat trains.

£35 for limited range of first class return tickets
(with a senior railcard £17 & £33 )

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/club55

No BOJ permitted except to change trains but this is Scotland so I would not rule out an overnight stay if you get to say Inverness too late for the train to Wick.

John @ home

Established Member
£19 return between any two stations including to both Carlisle and Berwick - not valid on East Coat trains.
Also available from both Carlisle and Berwick. I had an enjoyable £17 Railcard Carlisle - Forres Club 55 return as part of a longer journey a couple of weeks ago, booked at http://www.scotrail.co.uk/club55.
No BOJ permitted except to change trains but ... I would not rule out an overnight stay ...
Yes, my Forres to Carlisle leg had an overnight stay in Dundee. This was not a break of journey due to the last paragraph of NRCoC Condition 16.
National Rail Conditions of Carriage

16. ... For the purposes of this Condition ... , you will be treated as breaking your journey if you leave a Train Company’s or Rail Service Company’s stations after you start your journey other than to: ... stay in overnight accommodation when you cannot reasonably complete your journey within one day ...

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/static/documents/content/NRCOC.pdf
The return portion of the Carlisle - Forres ticket successfully operated the Dundee ticket gates in both directions.

Bungle73

On Moderation
I thought it was 100 points only (ie only for one transaction). I just got given 300 points! :D

IanD

Established Member
It was definitely 100 points per transaction at the start of the offer but the wording changed slightly so that it sounded like it may have only been 100 points in total. Knowing RSH of old, I kept a copy of the original TOCs just in case. Ended up with 1000 points as I bought tickets separately where I would usually have just bought everything in one go.

John @ home

Established Member
£10 off advanced fares to London www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/summer book by 31st july for travel by the end of august IIRC
The booking deadline is certainly 31 July, but the offer terms and conditions do indeed state that the discount can apply to "direct services to/from London St Pancras International with East Midlands Trains." for any date within the booking window. By 31 July, I would expect the booking window to extend to the 3rd week in October.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The dedicated link is currently only allowing dates up to 1st August to be selected.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
The booking deadline is certainly 31 July, but the offer terms and conditions do indeed state that the discount can apply to "direct services to/from London St Pancras International with East Midlands Trains." for any date within the booking window. By 31 July, I would expect the booking window to extend to the 3rd week in October.

Why are EMT so obsessed with thinking London is the only place on their network anyone would want to visit?

I do a lot of cycling and often think of taking the bike from Sheffield to Market Harboro/ Kettering or Wellingborough but EMT's exhorbitant fares out me off.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Perhaps there is plenty of capacity outside peak hours on the mainline trains compared to local services?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Why are EMT so obsessed with thinking London is the only place on their network anyone would want to visit?

I do a lot of cycling and often think of taking the bike from Sheffield to Market Harboro/ Kettering or Wellingborough but EMT's exhorbitant fares out me off.

There are advance fares available between Sheffield and Wellingborough though not with the same level of savings as those to St Pancras.