• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stamford to Peterborough Timetable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk1

Veteran Member
1968 ?? Your going back half a century !! (No wonder it was rubbish).

I wasn't even born then. Although my dad got "lucky" that year. lol
The year I was born. Got all sorts of timetable years scattered about. Facinating to look back on.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Was that a Sunday ? As I started spotting around that time and a Class 120 used to make it to Cambridge on a late Saturday night/ Sunday turn.
No, 5 tpd was weekdays - from memory, Sunday trains through Stamford didn't start till 1400.
Thanks for confirming the class 120 - I thought so but wasn't sure.

Steve Harris

No, 5 tpd was weekdays - from memory, Sunday trains through Stamford didn't start till 1400.
Thanks for confirming the class 120 - I thought so but wasn't sure.
You mean you don't remember that distinctive exhaust sound when the power is shut off and a gear change is applied ?

Always reminded me of someone farting !! Not a hard association for a 11yr old to make.

And yes, Sunday services never started until around midday/early afternoon in those days.

gingerheid

Established Member
It used to be rubbish compared to normal times these days. People are quick to forget how dreadful things where. For example 7 in 1968 with some only shuttling on part of the route. Gaps of well over three hours where commonplace.

Yes, but forum norms dictate that rather than saying that, we should instead reminisce about how there were direct trains to X in those days (and definitely DEFINITELY don't mention the S****y service!) :)

dk1

Veteran Member
Yes, but forum norms dictate that rather than saying that, we should instead reminisce about how there were direct trains to X in those days (and definitely DEFINITELY don't mention the S****y service!) :)
Haha, that certainly wouldn’t be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.