• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Starting salary for Avanti drivers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ses16

Do you know anything about Eurostar criteria?
Gotta be driving for more than 3 years. Perfect safety record and open to learning French. The usual hour from the depot, not sure if that’s temple mills or St Pancras. I am sure there’s more but you’d have to ask the recent thread for qualified Eurostar drivers for more info.

Shame they don’t take trainees.

SeanW90

Gotta be driving for more than 3 years. Perfect safety record and open to learning French. The usual hour from the depot, not sure if that’s temple mills or St Pancras. I am sure there’s more but you’d have to ask the recent thread for qualified Eurostar drivers for more info.

Do you have any info on Eurostar’s recruitment and assessment process? I’ve heard they have their own psychometrics tests even though they only take on qualified drivers?

baz962

Established Member

I know someone who started in February and wasn't driving three years.

Do you have any info on Eurostar’s recruitment and assessment process? I’ve heard they have their own psychometrics tests even though they only take on qualified drivers?
It's actually some different psychometric tests that the French require and are entirely different. Three of my now ex colleagues all started in October and one told me about one test that if I understood what he was saying was like a big jigsaw puzzle wall type thing.

Ses16

I think baz knows more than I do, so I’d refer to his guidance. But it’s nice to know the 3 year rule isn’t relevant. I speak French easily, so hopefully after I become qualified, I’ll throw my hat into the ring when they recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.