• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D6130

Established Member
The North London Line station at West Hampstead - formerly known as Finchley Road & Frognal - is situated a couple of hundred yards away from West Hampstead Thameslink on foot....but a considerably longer distance away by rail.

Last edited:

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
As mentioned above, the station was opened in 1862 by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway. Initially, the service was only to Victoria, but by 1869 services ran to the City of London, King's Cross, and Kingston via Wimbledon; services still run to the latter.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Before a period of post-Beeching closure and subsequent reopening, the original station on this site was known as The Hawthorns Halt.

Another station which lost its original Halt suffix (with no Beeching closure, but a couple of renaming iterations along the way) is Three Oaks.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Cuffley station is also near to an overbridge carrying the M25 motorway.
Sorry, @EbbwJunction1 - I’m going to have to be a pain and just ask to make sure that all future associations here are rail related please :) Happy to continue from Cuffley on this occasion!
I say a station and the person below would say another station that has something in common with it. It doesn't have to be unique, but try and make it as different as possible and please ensure that all associations are rail related: a separate game exists for non rail related links.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Sorry, @EbbwJunction1 - I’m going to have to be a pain and just ask to make sure that all future associations here are rail related please :) Happy to continue from Cuffley on this occasion!

Sorry ... I thought that we'd had something similar in the past, but obviously not.

Anyway .... Bush Hill Park is also a London Travel Card Zone 5 station.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Drayton Park is another station where trains change over between two different electrification systems.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hamilton Square is another station which has a tunnel under the river adjacent to it.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Caldicot is another station that has a different railway line passing round the back of the platforms, but no platforms on that other line.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Nantwich station also has stands for bicycles, although there are less there (12) than at Wilmslow, which has 30.