• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Facts Journey Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

backontrack

Established Member
Dalwhinnie is the start of a long double-track loop to the next station on this line...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Springs Branch

Established Member
Although Perth had historically been classed as a city, the UK Government and the devolved Scottish Executive re-examined the definition of a city and produced a list of approved Scottish cities in 2003, from which Perth was omitted.

Following a campaign over subsequent years, Perth's city status was reinstated on 14 March 2012 as part of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

backontrack

Established Member
The town of Bridge of Allan is the home town of Scotland and British & Irish Lions fly-half Finn Russell.

backontrack

Established Member
Alloa's football team, Alloa Athletic, knocked Hearts out of the Scottish League Cup last season.

That's the end of the leg. I'm declaring an open floor; any player may now choose the starting and ending stations for the next journey. :)

Springs Branch

Established Member
Can I propose Michael Portillo's first itinerary in Series 1 of Great British Railway Journeys from 2010. . . . .
Liverpool Lime St to Scarborough (and in true Portillo style, it doesn't need to be via the most direct route)

------
Liverpool Lime St is served by seven different TOCs.

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
Wigan North Western is only a short distance away from the station at Wigan Wallgate.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Leyland was home to well-regarded (but now sadly defunct) local bus and coach company John Fishwick & Sons.
Fishwicks was a loyal customer of local bus manufacturer Leyland Motors, with their classy two-tone green liveried vehicles operating local routes around the Preston - Leyland - Chorley district for many years prior to and after bus deregulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.