• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Staff (LUL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Established Member
It's been floating around our intranet that Customer Service Assistant will be advertised soon.

I've seen an e-mail today from our human resources department stating that it'll be advertised on the TfL Jobs page next Monday.

Just a heads up for those who're interested.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

WOW!! :shock: I guess there's a mass culling soon then... ;)

Daniel

Established Member
Well they've just gone through a mass cull. Now they're recruiting the grade they culled. Go figure.

RJ

Established Member
Lower pay, different contract?

With a final salary pension, free LT travel and a basic of almost £27k, I don't think too many people would be unhappy to take the job. I guess the shortages just won't do with the Olympics pending.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
With a final salary pension, free LT travel and a basic of almost £27k, I don't think too many people would be unhappy to take the job. I guess the shortages just won't do with the Olympics pending.

Yes that's very good, almost double of what SWT are paying me! Although they do undertake safety critical work.

Probably been answered loads of times, but do all LU station staff get PRIV or is that just the safeguarded ones?

Harlesden

You have to choose between
(a) A staff pass for your significant other
(b) A PRIV pass for yourself.
You can't have both.

First class

Established Member
You can't have both.

^^^That's not true lol^^^

You and a nominated person (anyone you like) gets Unrestricted travel on London Overground, Tube, Docklands Light Railway, most London Buses and London Tramlink services.

Also valid for unrestricted travel on other National Rail services as advertised. (Generally the "interavailable" routes).

No new LU staff get the 75% PRIV TOC Card, (the red one).

EMBED_339309_02000004_large.gif

EMBED_339309_02000006_large.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DavyCrocket

It can't be anyone you like but someone who is at the same address. They do check these things out nowadays too.
All LUL station staff perform safety critical duties.
I understand that the recruited staff will go into the Special Requirements Team which is zonal (north west/south/north east) I believe rather than a station group.

Daniel

Established Member
You can't have both.

That's only is you're safeguarded.

Non-safeguarded staff, post-April 1996, receive no PRIV but a nominee pass for 1 person living in your household.

However you do get the 75% Season Ticket Reimbursement scheme (taxable).

daniel3982

I'm applying for this now. Any tips? I have a customer service experience working in a couple of call centres, for an IT company and trained as a mental health nurse (so lot's of dealing with difficult situations there!). Any tips for the application?

Daniel

Established Member
I'm applying for this now. Any tips? I have a customer service experience working in a couple of call centres, for an IT company and trained as a mental health nurse (so lot's of dealing with difficult situations there!). Any tips for the application?

I've applied for a fair few jobs within TFL and have never had an interviewer link back to an example I used in an application form, so as long as you get past that stage, I personally wouldn't worry to much about being able to remember every detail of what I put in that story.......

But you do need good examples and to be able to think on the spot but sound like you're referencing an actual example if you get to the competency based interview - that's where I normally fall down.

Dave A

Already heard back & got a telephone interview tomorrow!

Well done TfL for initial speediness! :)

goldsounds

That was exactly what I was getting when I worked with TfL for four years (having just quit a few months back) :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Good Luck...

Once you pass telephone interview.....

They normally get you to do an written assessment + role play and if your lucky you will be shortlisted for an interview!

daniel3982

Well done! What's your background if you don't mind me asking?

Have submitted my application today so guess I'll have to wait a while if I get one at all... Fingers Crossed but I think it's probably a bit too soon for me.
Has anyone else heard anything yet?

Dave A

7 odd years in customer facing roles, coming up to 4 & a half in the railways mate.

Got a call yesterday telling me I'd passed the telephone interview, am just awaiting a date to attend the role play/tests/interview (they had tomorrow but I'm working at 1415, and apparently it lasts until around 1500). :)

daniel3982

Congratulations & good luck with the rest of the process!

Still not heard anything myself so guess I've been unsuccessful. Have experience of working in customer service roles (mainly call centre mind) and in challenging mental health settings (which is definite preparation!) but no railway experience unfortunately.

Dave A

Got the call, just moments ago, start on the 4th April (although could've started earlier)!

A very quick, but thorough process. Wish all company's acted like this. :)

telecaster

Got the call, just moments ago, start on the 4th April (although could've started earlier)!

A very quick, but thorough process. Wish all company's acted like this. :)

Well Done mate. <:D

not sure if embedded links are available on the site or any are allowed but if they are.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whSYTSXm8wo
Well Done mate. <:D

not sure if embedded links are available on the site or any are allowed but if they are.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whSYTSXm8wo
it was either that or down in the tube station at midnight...

daniel3982

Congratulations mate, you were obviously one of the outstanding candidates with your experience.

Have only heard back to say that they have had a huge number of applicants and it will take upto 10 weeks to hear back again myself. Not too hopeful on getting the job.

whhistle

On Moderation
Boo.
Shame I didn't see these as I have a soft spot for the Underground.

telecaster

Boo.
Shame I didn't see these as I have a soft spot for the Underground.

if you check the TfL website, i believe there's a revenue inspector job on there if that appeals, although i think that the majority of the job is bus related with underground as & when required.

Status
Not open for further replies.