Summer 2021 HST Staycation Specials on S&C

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

david1212

I do wonder how many tickets will be sold for the first train and last train with Appleby as the start / end station compared to last year when Skipton ? If few the service could get cut to just one round trip to Carlisle.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I'm curious, is there a reason why they're starting from Appleby this year ?

JRT

I'm curious, is there a reason why they're starting from Appleby this year ?
They are based at Appleby, so that's where the train starts. Last year there was a timetabled opportunity to travel from Appleby to Skipton and return the same day, (off the first trip, back on the third trip) so the first and last train ran as ECS. This year for an Appleby to Skipton day return to be possible the first and last train runs in service.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
They are based at Appleby, so that's where the train starts. Last year there was a timetabled opportunity to travel from Appleby to Skipton and return the same day, (off the first trip, back on the third trip) so the first and last train ran as ECS. This year for an Appleby to Skipton day return to be possible the first and last train runs in service.

Ah yes, the first departure from Leeds was quite early last year.