• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR - Further Timetable Reductions from 17/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Moderation
I doubt if there is any logic apart from operational expediency.

The peak extras were introduced by default simply because the timetable being used was the Lockdown 1 timetable where the peak extras were severely reduced but not completely eliminated. They were removed altogether in the May 2021 timetable and that is what has been reintroduced.
They kept running many of the peak extras throughout the first lockdown and took them out after lockdown ended.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
With all these weather disruptions it would be easy to forget that today is the day when timetables revert back to the Dec 2022 base timetable and the number of fast trains from Guildford to Clapham Junction goes from 3 an hour off peak back to 1 an hour off peak. Winners and losers as they say.

Not that they are recommending people travel today.
Is Dec 2021 base what you meant?

infobleep

Veteran Member
Is Dec 2021 base what you meant?
Yes it is. I'm getting ahead of myself.

And the two slow trains from Woking calling at Clapham Junction in peak hours have gone as well.
That's because more trains are running jn the peak but the original loss of one fast Clapham Junction service was due to not enough people travelling and travelling often enough I include myself in that stat.

To be fair, most of my previous travel per covid was in the morning and evening peaks and not day time off peak.

TEW

Established Member
And Reading loses its peak extras. Again. I just do not understand the logic of what they are doing. Working from home is far more attractive than a 2hr door to door journey home in an evening.
Reading is also booked to be nearly all 450 now too. One all day 458 diagram, with 1 additional am trip covered by 458s too.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Reading is also booked to be nearly all 450 now too. One all day 458 diagram, with 1 additional am trip covered by 458s too.
It's a complete turnaround from the Omicron timetable when there was just one 450 diagram.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Frankly, I think it’s sensible to put 10 car trains on Weybridges rather than Readings, as Reading has lost at most a couple of peak extra trains, plus London to Virginia Water is boosted by other routes too. Weybridges now form the sole service for the Hounslow loop since the axing of almost all circle services beyond a couple in the peak, so the extra capacity will likely be used.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Assume 458’s are back on Windsor’s & Weybridge’s plus covering some inner suburban work?
Yes. Saw a pair on the Kingston loop today. Plus also they are indeed on the Windsors and Weybridges.

I am enjoying the influx of 450s on the Reading services. I personally much prefer them to the 458s.

TEW

Established Member
This is the booked situation on weekdays now for 458s, things are a bit different this week due to the Windsor closure. 19 diagrams I can find.

2 Pairs Kingston Loop
1 Pair AM Peak Hounslow Loop, stables between the peak, then back out in the PM peak for Weybridge/ Hounslow Loop.
1 Pair work Hounslow-Waterloo, then split at Waterloo. 1 single unit then does a Weybridge and ECS to Wimbledon Park, comes back out early evening for a single round trip to Weybridge. 1 single unit does a round trip to Shepperton via Richmond, then on to Weybridge/ Hounslow Loop services the rest of the day.
1 Pair Shepperton via Richmond/ Hounslow Loop in the morning peak, Weybridge during the day, Hounslow Loop in the evening peak and Weybridge in the evening.
1 Pair Reading AM Peak, Weybridge/ Hounslow Loop evening peak.
1 Pair Reading
2 Pairs Windsor
1 Single Unit, Hounslow Loop AM Peak, Weybridge in the day, Hounslow Loop/ Weybridge PM peak.

Goldfish62

Established Member
This is the booked situation on weekdays now for 458s, things are a bit different this week due to the Windsor closure. 19 diagrams I can find.

2 Pairs Kingston Loop
1 Pair AM Peak Hounslow Loop, stables between the peak, then back out in the PM peak for Weybridge/ Hounslow Loop.
1 Pair work Hounslow-Waterloo, then split at Waterloo. 1 single unit then does a Weybridge and ECS to Wimbledon Park, comes back out early evening for a single round trip to Weybridge. 1 single unit does a round trip to Shepperton via Richmond, then on to Weybridge/ Hounslow Loop services the rest of the day.
1 Pair Shepperton via Richmond/ Hounslow Loop in the morning peak, Weybridge during the day, Hounslow Loop in the evening peak and Weybridge in the evening.
1 Pair Reading AM Peak, Weybridge/ Hounslow Loop evening peak.
1 Pair Reading
2 Pairs Windsor
1 Single Unit, Hounslow Loop AM Peak, Weybridge in the day, Hounslow Loop/ Weybridge PM peak.
Many thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.