• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Repaints and Refurbishments

Goldfish62

Established Member
As we reach the end of the 444/450 repaint programme, can I just thank all of you who have gone out of your way to keep us as up to date as possible with it all as it has been quite the process :D
I second that. Thanks to all involved.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BenSpiers5852

444040 is currently having its vinyls stripped on 1 road at Bournemouth which as you can imagine is a lengthy process so it'll be a week or two before the paint on that one starts I'd have thought. Just that and 111 to go through paint now.

Maybe the next time we see this unit, it won't be in red...
That one went back a few weeks ago... still in red I'm afraid!

Milo T.K

Theres an image floating around that a 455 has gone in BR blue

Last edited:
As the rumours suggested...
IMG_20240224_162302_162.png

fgwrich

Established Member
Yeah disappointed that someone’s leaked it.

Nah. 5750 was named after the depot.
Sadly it seems difficult to keep a secret anywhere these days, unless you have somewhere as secure as Eastleigh’s Arlington paint shop (and people wonder why and complain when Arlington are so understandably tight with their security!).

As it’s been leaked though, I will say Well done to the Bournemouth paint shop. A very smart looking job indeed. Now, NSE please :D

Lockwood

We see things get repainted into Swallow. We see BR blue, with modifications for doors.

Has anything come back in an NSE derived livery? (Other than SWT slamdoor, before anyone says it)

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
We see things get repainted into Swallow. We see BR blue, with modifications for doors.

Has anything come back in an NSE derived livery? (Other than SWT slamdoor, before anyone says it)

The farewell 313 on GN was partially in NSE.

nctd2306

Not repaint or heritage unit related but some unfortunate Reading line passengers have had to cope with 4 car 455732 on its own today, including on the 7.39 Waterloo bound departure from Reading which a friend of mine catches (he said it was likely to have had to leave people behind after Bracknell, where he got off...)
(I'll put a similar message in a more appropriate thread, as this was only really to say they need to get as many 455s back as possible, if it wasn't being repainted, 868 could have been paired with 732 instead :lol:)

swr444

Not repaint or heritage unit related but some unfortunate Reading line passengers have had to cope with 4 car 455732 on its own today, including on the 7.39 Waterloo bound departure from Reading which a friend of mine catches (he said it was likely to have had to leave people behind after Bracknell, where he got off...)
(I'll put a similar message in a more appropriate thread, as this was only really to say they need to get as many 455s back as possible, if it wasn't being repainted, 868 could have been paired with 732 instead :lol:)
455868 is having a C4 overhaul which is the main reason why it's down in bournemouth. Apparently theres a few 455s awaiting new compressors (the delivery which was due had sustained damage)

Class455

Established Member
455868 is having a C4 overhaul which is the main reason why it's down in bournemouth. Apparently theres a few 455s awaiting new compressors (the delivery which was due had sustained damage)
Didn't realise they still manufactured Westinghouse compressors!

BenSpiers5852

444040s first coach has gone into the prep booth- the last 5 car has officially been started!
450111 is berthed up in the yard and as far as I am aware will not run in service again in the wrapped livery

XCTurbostar

Established Member

5Z68 1030 Bournemouth to Eastleigh​

2Z68 1129 Eastleigh to London Waterloo​

5Y52 1325 London Waterloo to Wimbledon Park Depot Sdgs​

Snow1964

Established Member

ls2270

Established Member

pompeyfan

Established Member
A unit also went to High Marnham on Monday AM.