• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Trainee Driver Weymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
I have a stage 1 assessment with GWR on 13th June, I wonder if SWR will wait until my results or if this will speed up the process for SWR if I pass?

They may look favourably at this, but bear in mind if you fail any of these assessments you’ll not be able to take them again for 6-months.

As Stigy says, failing even one element will bar you for 6months (nationally that is, bit just first group)

Also, GWR only test to standard, I'm not sure about SWR. So you may need to redo them and additional tests anyway if they look for enhanced

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
As Stigy says, failing even one element will bar you for 6months (nationally that is, bit just first group)

Also, GWR only test to standard, I'm not sure about SWR. So you may need to redo them and additional tests anyway if they look for enhanced
SWR only test to the national standard too.

pompeyfan

Established Member
There’s been some really quick turn around recently with SWR, an external applied for trainee driver at Fratton, and started a course within a month of applying.

It’s always surprises me that Fratton (other than MPV drivers) don’t sign beyond Poole, as the biggest depot outside Waterloo, it would mean rosters and ORMs wouldn’t need to rob Peter to pay Paul (or Poole if you like!)

HantsMan

There’s been some really quick turn around recently with SWR, an external applied for trainee driver at Fratton, and started a course within a month of applying.

It’s always surprises me that Fratton (other than MPV drivers) don’t sign beyond Poole, as the biggest depot outside Waterloo, it would mean rosters and ORMs wouldn’t need to rob Peter to pay Paul (or Poole if you like!)

It took a month?! That is quick to go through all 3 selection processes in that time. I applied for Fratton back in Feb! Took three months to go through the first 3 assessments. Just waiting for my MMI now. Recently got told that Fratton is not a priority depot at the moment but they hope to resume recruitment this year.......at some point, hopefully

Stigy

Established Member
It took a month?! That is quick to go through all 3 selection processes in that time. I applied for Fratton back in Feb! Took three months to go through the first 3 assessments. Just waiting for my MMI now. Recently got told that Fratton is not a priority depot at the moment but they hope to resume recruitment this year.......at some point, hopefully
I assume that they had already passed the assessments previously. It’s unlikely they’d be in within a month having to do the paper/computer assessments, then be invited back for an MMI, then again for a DMI, and be in within the month. What about notice period? I assume there wasn’t one a need to give notice for them?

pompeyfan

Established Member
I’ve spoken to the person, and from hitting submit on the online form, to starting a course was 3 and a half weeks. I can only assume he was a member of a group that use funny handshakes!

Stigy

Established Member
I’ve spoken to the person, and from hitting submit on the online form, to starting a course was 3 and a half weeks. I can only assume he was a member of a group that use funny handshakes!
Without doing assessments or including? As for notice, I assume he didn’t give much!

pompeyfan

Established Member
Without doing assessments or including? As for notice, I assume he didn’t give much!

I’m not certain if they’d previously done assessments before applying for the role, but I believe they done the assessments in those 4 weeks.

387star

On Moderation
SWR fratton sounds like Southern Barnham

Both huge depots by number but very rare to take on trainees

HantsMan

SWR fratton sounds like Southern Barnham

Both huge depots by number but very rare to take on trainees

Perhaps people are happy there? They have however advertised twice in the last month for Fratton so hoping for some movement one would assume (and I hope!!)

Nevergiveup

Applied last night for Salisbury depot, completed the SJT straightaway and in the email it was stated that for trainee role you will be invited to second assessment shortly if you pass the first but haven’t been invited for second one yet.. have you not heard anything at all since completing SJT as part of the application?

I haven’t heard anything yet so I’m guessing no news is good news.

Anyone else on the forum here applied for this vacancy?

Tom

Nevergiveup

This was part of the email:

Please note if you are applying for a Trainee Train Driver position and pass this assessment, you will receive another email shortly after completion inviting you to take part in a second assessment.

Nevergiveup

Someone received the “unfortunate” email when they failed the SJT, I guess if I don’t hear from them by end of the week then it’s hopefully a good news

There is only 1 test and they don't tell you if you passed :)

joystick

This was part of the email:

Please note if you are applying for a Trainee Train Driver position and pass this assessment, you will receive another email shortly after completion inviting you to take part in a second assessment.

Yes everyone gets the same email..... but everybody I know only did 1 test and passed.

Nevergiveup

Just got this dreaded email within two days of applying

Thank you for your application for the role of Trainee Train Driver Salisbury, referencexxxx with FirstGroup. We really appreciate the time you have taken and commitment to completing our online application process.

Unfortunately on this occasion you haven't been successful. That doesn't mean you can't apply for another role within FirstGroup although you'll need to wait six months before applying for the same role again.

Although we can't provide specific feedback at this stage, we do wish you well in the future.

Thank you again for your interest. We'd really like to wish you well in your future career.

Last edited:

UPS1550

So I applied for this not realising it was SWR who id already been rejected for about a month ago,got the complete application email and then the complete SJT email, just waiting to see what will happen now:rolleyes: genuine mistake but can't help feel slightly amused lol:lol:

Nevergiveup

Was it same questions? Goodluck mate!
So I applied for this not realising it was SWR who id already been rejected for about a month ago,got the complete application email and then the complete SJT email, just waiting to see what will happen now:rolleyes: genuine mistake but can't help feel slightly amused lol:lol:

Nevergiveup

I think I know where I made the mistake!
When picking most likely and least likely do they mean pick the first and second choice or first and fourth choice?

I might have mistaken “least likely“ as fourth choice ‍♂️ Should have read the instructions lol

Yes they were

baz962

Established Member
I think I know where I made the mistake!
When picking most likely and least likely do they mean pick the first and second choice or first and fourth choice?

I might have mistaken “least likely“ as fourth choice ‍♂️ Should have read the instructions lol
If an sjt quotes, pick most likely and least likely, that would be first and fourth.

UPS1550

Most of These SJT are like alchemy, good luck trying to figure out what they want

baz962

Established Member
Ohh, well that is what I exactly did picked 1st and 4th! Wonder where I went wrong lol
I just thought, did you literally mean answer one and answer four. I meant the most likely would be your number one answer and least likely as in what you absolutely wouldn't do. So your first and last choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.