• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfGM Bee Network - fleet discussion

GCH100

Ex-British Blue Tours of Birkenhead Y7THG doesn't seem to have entered service yet either.
Could that be because it is dual doored?

Last I heard is that it was being used as a driver trainer at Wigan, but don't quote that as I haven't seen it

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MasterSpenny

Locally-built buses for local people :)

Stagecoach Manchester has ordered the similar Mellor Strada now as seen below:

Stagecoach adds Mellor Strata order for Manchester Bee Network​

Stagecoach has become the second operator to order the Mellor Strata coachbuilt minibus for use on regulated Bee Network services in Greater Manchester. It has signed for four Strata Ultra examples that will be delivered by mid-March 2024.

The four Stratas for Stagecoach follow an order placed by First Manchester for 17 that it will deploy on its two small local service contracts in Rochdale from around the same time. Those for Stagecoach are 30-passenger examples, whereas those for First are slightly smaller Strata Plus models that will carry 26 passengers.

Mellor says that the two deals represent “a resounding commitment to supporting and reinvesting in the community.” The Strata is based on the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter platform and is manufactured by Mellor in Rochdale.

Speaking about the decision to order the Strata, Stagecoach Manchester Managing Director Rob Jones says: “We are delighted to be working in partnership with local bus manufacturer Mellor. We are committed to supporting local Greater Manchester businesses as much as possible, and look forward to operating the Stratas on the Bee Network next year.

“Mellor is an established vehicle manufacturer. It offers a versatile range of passenger transport solutions that utilise the latest vehicle technology to ensure efficient, comfortable and environmentally friendly travel for residents of Greater Manchester.”

Stagecoach will take up three large local service contracts through its success in the second round of franchising in Greater Manchester in March 2024, with depots in Middleton, Oldham, and Queen’s Road to the north of the city centre.

Last edited:

CAF397

Just having a walk around Manchester and I was surprised to see a 23 plate (SK23xxx) Stagecoach DD bus in the latest 'Google' livery on the 203.

Would this have been ordered before the Bee Network was planned, or will it be shipped out to other areas when the South Manchester changes occur, or will it have to be repainted (which seems like a colossal waste of money and time)?

Tim33160

Just having a walk around Manchester and I was surprised to see a 23 plate (SK23xxx) Stagecoach DD bus in the latest 'Google' livery on the 203.

Would this have been ordered before the Bee Network was planned, or will it be shipped out to other areas when the South Manchester changes occur, or will it have to be repainted (which seems like a colossal waste of money and time)?
It has been repainted yellow having been delivered in current Stagecoach livery. A number of Stagecoach buses are being repainted in time for the 24th March changes in gaining services in Area B

Last edited by a moderator:

Leyland Bus

It will have been delivered in this livery and ordered as thus. Stagecoach' depots don't come under franchise until 2024 and 2025.

If they decide to keep those buses in Manchester then it'll be repainted yellow, if they want it elsewhere, then they won't. We won't know until much nearer the time what the fleet make ups will be as we don't know who will win what in Tranche 3 :)

WWH44L

Spotted on Bus Times that Go North West Citaro 6238 (ex 33021) has been repainted yellow. Anyone confirm this?

Leyland Bus

Spotted on Bus Times that Go North West Citaro 6238 (ex 33021) has been repainted yellow. Anyone confirm this?
As far as I'm aware, nothing has physically left Bolton for repaint since the changeover. Neither have we got up and running as we're still awaiting scaffolding and negotiating with paint suppliers.

Unless its one that has been made roadworthy by Rotala, that weren't ready for the change over, and they've had it done but I highly doubt it.

WWH44L

As far as I'm aware, nothing has physically left Bolton for repaint since the changeover. Neither have we got up and running as we're still awaiting scaffolding and negotiating with paint suppliers.

Unless its one that has been made roadworthy by Rotala, that weren't ready for the change over, and they've had it done but I highly doubt it.
Cheers for the update, if there was someone who I would know it’s you. H Hoping you can start cracking on soon.

Leyland Bus

33014 (now 6248) arrived back from Rotala in a now mobile condition this morning, still in blue. It has been stripped of Diamond branding and will re-enter traffic shortly.

WWH44L

33014 (now 6248) arrived back from Rotala in a now mobile condition this morning, still in blue. It has been stripped of Diamond branding and will re-enter traffic shortly.
Thanks for the update. Noticed a few other Citaros haven’t tracked in service including 6240/2/50/1/2/3. Are these with Rotala or just off the road with Go North West!

Last edited:

Leyland Bus

New deliveries of E200MMCs continues apace with the following now at Bolton:-

SK73 CTU​
4126​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTV​
4127​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTX​
4128​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTY​
4129​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTZ​
4130​
BoltonEnviro 200MMC

SK73 CUA​
4131​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​

Add this too!

WWH44L

SK73 CTU​
4126​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTV​
4127​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTX​
4128​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTY​
4129​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTZ​
4130​
BoltonEnviro 200MMC

SK73 CUA​
4131​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​

Add this too!
Spotted them tracking yesterday, seen a photo of 4126 (I think) with a very tiny fleet number on the front.

Do you know if the original allocations are still happening, first 24 to Wigan the rest at Bolton? Or will Wigan get more as they still have 12 MoreBus ones on loan?

Leyland Bus

Spotted them tracking yesterday, seen a photo of 4126 (I think) with a very tiny fleet number on the front.

Do you know if the original allocations are still happening, first 24 to Wigan the rest at Bolton? Or will Wigan get more as they still have 12 MoreBus ones on loan?
4101 - 4124 are Wigan bound, the rest are for Bolton

SK73 CTO​
4125​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​

This has also now arrived!

SK73 CTU​
4126​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTV​
4127​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTX​
4128​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTY​
4129​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​
SK73 CTZ​
4130​
BoltonEnviro 200MMC

SK73 CUA​
4131​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​

Add this too!

Long term Citaro demics are:

6235 is currently withdrawn due to fire damage whilst it's future is assessed.

Streetdeck 3440 is off the road with accident damage.

5 Wilts and Dorset E200MMCs are returning this week with 252/3 the first ones debranded ready for the off. One more is due off today, with the last 2 off tomorrow.

Last edited:

WWH44L

4101 - 4124 are Wigan bound, the rest are for Bolton

SK73 CTO​
4125​
Bolton​
Enviro 200 MMC​

This has also now arrived!

Long term Citaro demics are:

6235 is currently withdrawn due to fire damage whilst it's future is assessed.

Streetdeck 3440 is off the road with accident damage.

5 Wilts and Dorset E200MMCs are returning this week with 252/3 the first ones debranded ready for the off. One more is due off today, with the last 2 off tomorrow.
Great update

Are Citaros 6250-2 on the road or not at the moment? Not seen them track since day one.

Leyland Bus

Great update

Are Citaros 6250-2 on the road or not at the moment? Not seen them track since day one.
These are still with Rotala being put back on the road, to the point that 6250 has been dropped off at Bolton this afternoon and is currently being devinyled.

Dallamlad

Established Member
Does anyone know what the long term plans are for the fleet at Heywood? I’ve always assumed the Citaros and Scanias are temporary but just a wondering how long they might be sticking around for.

Leyland Bus

Does anyone know what the long term plans are for the fleet at Heywood? I’ve always assumed the Citaros and Scanias are temporary but just a wondering how long they might be sticking around for.
Heywood will be sticking around for the long-term as the new school routes just won are to be operated from there.
As for what buses, time will tell. We're still only 6-7 weeks into all this remember.

Citibus

Do the new Enviro 200MMC at Wigan and Bolton have next stop audio/visual announcements? Hopefully this will be standard and maybe retrofitted as well.

Not sure about the scanias, but the BJ10 reg Citaros aren't temporary.

Leyland Bus

Do the new Enviro 200MMC at Wigan and Bolton have next stop audio/visual announcements? Hopefully this will be standard and maybe retrofitted as well.
Next stop announcements are to be rolled out on new buses in the coming months, not sure yet about ex Diamond buses etc perhaps when they receive refurbishment they might get it...

Watch this space

Dallamlad

Established Member
Thanks for the updates. Is it still the case interior refurbs have to be done within two years?

Leyland Bus

I think it's a bit more lenient than that.

In other Bolton Depot news, more arrivals!

Enviro200 YX61 FZU (4027) has arrived fully refurbished and has been lettered up accordingly.

Brand new E200MMC SK73 CUC (4132) is also now at Bolton.

HTH.

WWH44L

First of the First Manchester repaints into Bee Network livery is E300 67401 completed at Marsdens Commercials.

Credit from John G Lidstone on Flickr.

MasterSpenny

First of the First Manchester repaints into Bee Network livery is E300 67401 completed at Marsdens Commercials.

Credit from John G Lidstone on Flickr.
The image

Leyland Bus

The image
They must be refitting the interior in Manchester... It's an awfully long way to send buses for painting... must cost a fortune.

Class 466

Established Member
Am I right in assuming all the Enviro 400 MMCs Stagecoach are painting Yellow at the moment are for transfer when Tranche 2 goes live and they take on new depots?