• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfGM-website, timetable updates and general news concerning TfGM bus stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdsalford

Tfgm have posted the timetable online for the new 38 service. It's forthcoming arrival has certainly spurred First into finally improving service on route 37.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

boyaloud

SkyScraperCity forum now has a lot more details on the 38 - I'd been dying to know more for ages as a Walkden resident. The pass will be only £10/week and valid on ALL Stagecoach buses! Buses will have wifi + nice branding but sadly not the new hybrid buses.

howittpie

I notice that Stagecoach are also going to run later journies on a Fri and Sat evening as well as a Sunday service on the x34. I can't find a timetable has anyone got any details.

Y961 XBU

I notice that Stagecoach are also going to run later journies on a Fri and Sat evening as well as a Sunday service on the x34. I can't find a timetable has anyone got any details.

i think evening Service will be introduced on every Evening running until about 11, A Sunday Service is also going to be introduced.

howittpie

Thanks Y961XBU. You were correct the timetable is now up on the tfgm website the Sunday service appear to be running during shopping hours.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Is it likely that the X34 will continue to run to its current frequencies once the Busway opens next year?

TfGM, on being asked this question, said this point in time is far too soon in the project time of the Leigh Guided Busway to give an answer to your question. If you download the X34 timetable from the TfGM website, there is a list of the stopping places.

Do not forget that the early morning and late afternoon services start and finish at Lowton, which is exterior to the area that will be served by the busway.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

It is available to download from the TfGM website.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I see the TfGM "service updates" are showing a vast number of Stagecoach Manchester services that will have their usual 6-week summer school holiday amended timetable information from 20th July till near to the end of August.

As expected, the Stagecoach Manchester X69 Stockport to Manchester Airport service will be withdrawn and partly replaced by extra 369 services.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Warrington Coachways are to withdraw their commercial service between Warrington and Altrincham.

Not used any of the services on that route for longer than I can remember but did not Arriva run the 37 and the 38 routes, one via Little Bolilngton and the other via the back road that ran along the narrow road past the Dunham Massey estate then under an extremely narrow canal overbridge carrying the Bridgewater Canal. Just thinking back to past days, was there once a number 5 service that used to run from Warrington to Warburton only ?

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Not used any of the services on that route for longer than I can remember but did not Arriva run the 37 and the 38 routes, one via Little Bolilngton and the other via the back road that ran along the narrow road past the Dunham Massey estate then under an extremely narrow canal overbridge carrying the Bridgewater Canal. Just thinking back to past days, was there once a number 5 service that used to run from Warrington to Warburton only ?

I'm not sure but there was a bus war when North Western Road Car Co registered commercial routes within Warrington Borough Transport's area under the name Warrington Goldlines, which resulted in WBT extending their services in to boroughs such as Vale Royal and St Helens.

telstarbox

Established Member
TfGM are also withdrawing support from the Wigan night bus network at the end of the month.

Wigan’s weekend nightbus services will stop running from the end of July due to falling passenger numbers.

http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/media_centre/Pages/News.aspx?articleId=481
The following five services, which run from midnight until around 0330 hours on Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday nights, will run for the final time on 26/27th July 2014:

• 598: Wigan – Leigh
• 600: Wigan – Ashton-in-Makerfield – Golborne – Platt Bridge – Wigan
• 632: Wigan – Hawkley Hall – Wigan
• 635: Wigan – Shevington – Standish – Wigan
• 695: Wigan – Platt Bridge – Wigan

Surveys earlier this year showed an average of just six passengers travelling per journey, which means that Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) can no longer justify financially supporting the routes.

Scania3379man

TfGM are also withdrawing support from the Wigan night bus network at the end of the month.

Wigan’s weekend nightbus services will stop running from the end of July due to falling passenger numbers.

http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/media_centre/Pages/News.aspx?articleId=481

Forgive me my english not good before type that...

How TFGM know the 5 night bus route is low passenger on fri/sat and sat/sun? How come? Is STG in wigan driver told TFGM or something else?

Thank you,

Martyn

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Forgive me my english not good before type that...

How TFGM know the 5 night bus route is low passenger on fri/sat and sat/sun? How come? Is STG in wigan driver told TFGM or something else?

Thank you,

Martyn

If it's a subsided route (which it is) TfGM will need to keep a close eye on passenger numbers. If they rise then they might consider reducing or withdrawing the subsidy, while if they fall they might consider increasing or withdrawing the subsidy.

Scania3379man

If it's a subsided route (which it is) TfGM will need to keep a close eye on passenger numbers. If they rise then they might consider reducing or withdrawing the subsidy, while if they fall they might consider increasing or withdrawing the subsidy.

Ah!, thank for clarify that, cheer J collins. I thought so.

Martyn

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The 53 route will be diverted via MediaCityUK from the end of July.

Far better than trundling along the final part of its normal route to Trafford Bar.
*******************************************************************************************************

From 28th July, Stagecoach in Wigan will withdraw the four Friday and Saturday late night services on the service 695 from Wigan to Upholland that depart at 0030/0130/0230/0330. There were the only services that were timetabled on this route.

A number of similar late-night Friday and Sauturday only Wigan area bus services will also be withdrawn on that date.

Scania3379man

Far better than trundling along the final part of its normal route to Trafford Bar.
*******************************************************************************************************

From 28th July, Stagecoach in Wigan will withdraw the four Friday and Saturday late night services on the service 695 from Wigan to Upholland that depart at 0030/0130/0230/0330. There were the only services that were timetabled on this route.

A number of similar late-night Friday and Sauturday only Wigan area bus services will also be withdrawn on that date.

I know, very disappoint i want safe passenger to travel home on night bus but i was so shock that it is withdrawn by low passenger of 6 per. i wonder if anyone chance go see night bus next week see how it night bus going eith a passenger and it destination say N600, N632, N635, N598 and N695? or normal without N?

Thank you,

Martyn

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I know, very disappoint i want safe passenger to travel home on night bus but i was so shock that it is withdrawn by low passenger of 6 per. i wonder if anyone chance go see night bus next week see how it night bus going eith a passenger and it destination say N600, N632, N635, N598 and N695? or normal without N?

Thank you,

Martyn

You have to remember that the four services all run from Wigan to Upholland in the one direction only and at those times in the morning, there are no return services back to the Wigan area. If you had a car, you could have parked it somewhere reasonably safe in Upholland and then used another of the service buses that pass through there to go into Wigan for the evening then use any of the four buses that run on an hourly basis from 0030 to 0330 back to Upholland.

Under no circumstances, unless you like long walks, consider the use of the train service from Upholland railway station to Wigan for the inward journey, as this is one of those stations that are situated a long way away from the settlement they purport to serve.

Last edited:

Scania3379man

You have to remember that the four services all run from Wigan to Upholland in the one direction only and at those times in the morning, there are no return services back to the Wigan area. If you had a car, you could have parked it somewhere reasonably safe in Upholland and then used another of the service buses that pass through there to go into Wigan for the evening then use any of the four buses that run on an hourly basis from 0030 to 0330 back to Upholland.

Under no circumstances, unless you like long walks, consider the use of the train service from Upholland railway station to Wigan for the inward journey, as this is one of those stations that are situated a long way away from the settlement they purport to serve.

Yes of course, I know paul..i think possibly taxi try pull bus passenger to travel on the taxi maybe that my guess.

cheerio,

Martyn

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Regarding the Warrington Coachways service withdrawal:

TfGM said:
37 Altrincham – Lymm – Thelwall – Warrington

The majority of this service
operates outside Greater
Manchester although the bus stops
on Dunham Road will only be
served by infrequent service 289
with 5 journeys per day in each
direction on Monday to Saturday
daytimes. However this section of
route is sparsely populated. These
bus stops are approximately 700
metres away from alternative
service 246 that operates via Bow
Green Road.

No TfGM action at this stage

37A Altrincham – Lymm – Thelwall – Warrington

The majority of the service
operates outside Greater
Manchester although a section of
Dunham Road will become
unserved in the evenings.
However, this section of route is
sparsely populated and the section
affected is approximately 700
meters away from alternative
service 246 that operates via Bow
Green Road.

No TfGM action at this stage

38 Altrincham – Warburton – Lymm - Warrington

TfGM officers have had
discussions with Warrington
Borough Council in respect to the
potential replacement of this
service

Greybeard33

Established Member
Talks have worked as Network Warrington have confirmed they will extend their of peak 5's back to the Alt.
The new timetable shows that Network Warrington is not changing its peak service. Alternate daytime off-peak 5 services will be renumbered 35 and operate on the quicker, direct route between Lymm and Altrincham via Broomedge, Little Bollington and Dunham Road. 35s will return from Altrincham as 5s, via Dunham and Warburton, and vice versa.

Unlike the 37, the 35 will not serve High Legh and there will be no 35s in either the morning or evening peak. The late evening 37A services will not be replaced. Warburton's off peak 5 frequency will become hourly instead of half hourly.

Overall, better than no change, but by no means a full replacement of the Warrington Coachways services.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Unlike the 37, the 35 will not serve High Legh and there will be no 35s in either the morning or evening peak. The late evening 37A services will not be replaced. Warburton's off peak 5 frequency will become hourly instead of half hourly.

I imagine Cheshire East council will argue that the 289 service can be used as an alternative to get between High Legh and Altrincham. Although, the Warrington Coachways Altrincham-High Legh-Warrington service currently allows a 17:30 Altrincham-High Legh journey, while the 289 service doesn't have an Altrincham departure between 16:25 and 19:05.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I remember that there used to be a special service that operated between Altrincham and the National Trust property at Dunham Massey. Has anyone any news on what happened to that service.

I note that the Arriva North West service 247 passes along "the lanes" in the Sinderland Lane and Moss Lane area and I wonder what would be the nearest bus stop in that area to the Dunham Massey estate for families without cars to visit there.

Scania3379man

Is anyone read the manchester evenin' news newspaper today and is about TFGM maybe plan axe for 7.1m pound for wigan, bury and rochdale?

they might cut 478 and 456 but in wigan? any idea? which Wigan route they will axe? it is on page 22 and show picture of scania front.

thank you,

Martyn

Last edited:

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Is anyone read the manchester evenin' news newspaper today and is about TFGM maybe plan axe for 7.1m pound for wigan, bury and rochdale?

they might cut 478 and 456 but in wigan? any idea? which Wigan route they will axe? it is on page 22 and show picture of scania front.

thank you,

Martyn

478 and 456 routes have been cut. The Night buses in Wigan are also axed as discussed earlier on in this thread. http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.