• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJL9916

Just a quick post to thank everyone on the forum for being so helpful, it's my last day today in my current job of 13 years and I start as a Trainee Conductor on Monday! Checking this forum every single day for the past 12 months has really been the key factor as I've tried over the years previously but it's easy to get side tracked so I really must thank this forum and all its members especially MrFox, WirralWanderer, Stigy & MGV1349 who have been really helpful and all the others who have helped me out along the way!

I have never worked on the railway before so really looking forward to it and as I gain knowledge will be more than happy to pass anything on to anyone in the threads or PM

Only advise I can give at this stage is to not give up, keep going and make reading through this forum part of your daily routine and have a list of websites for the TOCs & FOCs and check them each day as some jobs don't stay up long!

Cheers everyone :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mgv1349

Good luck mate! Will be worth the whole process now and a great career ahead of you in the best industry there is.

Last edited:

Stigy

Established Member
Many congrats mate. I’m sure you’ll love the Railway as a career. It has its ups and downs but on the whole it’s a great place to be! I echo you when you say “never give up”. It’s not an easy industry to get in to (especially as a driver or guard/conductor), and it’s all too easy to give up, or just not bother after you get one too many rejection emails.

Last edited:

Steven wade

Just a quick post to thank everyone on the forum for being so helpful, it's my last day today in my current job of 13 years and I start as a Trainee Conductor on Monday! Checking this forum every single day for the past 12 months has really been the key factor as I've tried over the years previously but it's easy to get side tracked so I really must thank this forum and all its members especially MrFox, WirralWanderer, Stigy & MGV1349 who have been really helpful and all the others who have helped me out along the way!

I have never worked on the railway before so really looking forward to it and as I gain knowledge will be more than happy to pass anything on to anyone in the threads or PM

Only advise I can give at this stage is to not give up, keep going and make reading through this forum part of your daily routine and have a list of websites for the TOCs & FOCs and check them each day as some jobs don't stay up long!

Cheers everyone :)
Sent you a PM

Bikkushii

Good luck! Be sure to update, as I am determined to get on that course at some point lol

Mr Fox

Congratulations and no worries mate.
If you need any help during your training then drop me a PM.
All the best.

GJL9916

How are you getting on?

Loving it so far, there’s only 6 of us on the course and a really good group, everyone who works there I’ve met so far have all been really nice, seems a great company to work for, most of it’s been in the classroom so far doing customer service, disability & inclusion and been looking at the ticket machines and had a day out with a conductor. We’ve reached checkpoint 1 so had tests on the above and also done our PTS and passed, we’re doing traction next week so out and about on the trains so looking forward to that, then back in the classroom for couple of week then out with our minders / shadowing and then route learning and we should be good to go!

Obviously still early days but looking like the best career move I’ve made!

How’s things going with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.