• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ21

The Far North stations are largely served by 158s now, do any 156s still go up there? Anyway, Clue 5: this station is one stop from the most westerly station.

RJ21

As I put clue 5 up it'll be a guess for that, but there are only two to choose from.

A Challenge

Established Member
I though it had to be West Highland as I thought they didn't solely run anything but it! Well, it isn't meant to be!

Sandbach

Clue 2: Every train that calls at or passes through this station either starts from or terminates in Greater London.

fyldetrainfan

Not many stations have 6 TOCS serving them, which nails it down to only a few.
Looking at my map of the southeast now, it doesnt look like any stations are served by 6 TOCS

Virgin, CrossCountry, Northern, East Midlands Trains ( Liverpool - Norwich), Transpennine Express (Manchester Airport - Cleethorpes) and Arriva Trains Wales (Manchester - South Wales) all call at Stockport. You're right there are very few that are served by that many. i can only think of two.

A Challenge

Established Member
I can think of seven SIX-TOC stations:
  • Glasgow Central
  • Haymarket (if you don't include the Tram)
  • Liverpool Lime Street (once the Wirral Line is reopened round the loop)
  • Manchester Piccadilly
  • Newcastle Central (if you DO include the Tram)
  • Stockport
  • York

Clue 3: DMUs are the only trains to call at this station. However the trains that pass through without stopping are a mixture of DMUs and locomotive hauled trains.