• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The wait for a DMI invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMCK

Hi,

Just had news that I've successfully passed the Stage 2 assesments and MMI and that I should now wait for an invite to attend the DMI in due course.

How long should I expect to wait for this? I understand that TOC's will get you in for your DMI even where positions aren't there, so you're ready to go when the courses become available.

Thanks again for all the help and feedback from this Forum,

GMCK

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David Knight

Hi,

Just had news that I've successfully passed the Stage 2 assesments and MMI and that I should now wait for an invite to attend the DMI in due course.

How long should I expect to wait for this? I understand that TOC's will get you in for your DMI even where positions aren't there, so you're ready to go when the courses become available.

GMCK
Hi do you mind me asking what TOC you're waiting on?

L.j.

Hi,

GMCK

I am at the same stage, waiting on my DMI, we just have to wait till they got interviews available I guess, they said they will be in touch, mine is with WMT.

Liam00086

Hi,

GMCK
I waited 9 weeks, but from what I can tell it depends on what depot you have applied for, also there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that can affect how long you wait, some people wait a week others months. I know that’s probably not the answer you want but unfortunately that’s how it is lol.

Daz1310

Hi I'm waiting for my DMI interview bit confused what it's going to be like some people have told me it was a general chat, others told me that it's a structured interview and questions like MMI

Can anyone help?

Stigy

Established Member
Hi I'm waiting for my DMI interview bit confused what it's going to be like some people have told me it was a general chat, others told me that it's a structured interview and questions like MMI

Can anyone help?
It varies from TOC to TOC, but it’s generally a series of competency based questions (“Tell me a time when you have had to do XYZ”). There’s likely an element of stuff about the company involved but fundamentally it’s about competency (emphasis on safety of course, with customer service and communication close by).

Daz1310

It varies from TOC to TOC, but it’s generally a series of competency based questions (“Tell me a time when you have had to do XYZ”). There’s likely an element of stuff about the company involved but fundamentally it’s about competency (emphasis on safety of course, with customer service and communication close by).
Thank you very much

PaulBusDriver

GWR bud. Are you in the same boat?
I'm waiting for DMI with GWR. I had the standard email saying it completed stage 2 assessments and timescales might be extended the to changes to workforce requirements.
I've been waiting since the end of May.

Status
Not open for further replies.