• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Sim 2013 free add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Been looking at free add-ons but most of them require loads of payware add-ons! That means a free add-on actually costs at least £100 to get running :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monty

Established Member
uktrainsim.com is a good place to get started, yes there are plenty of files that require payware in order to work, however there is quite a bit that does not. And for a bit of nostalgia there is mountains of stuff for MSTS. :)

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
What exactly are you looking for? Might be able to narrow things down a bit with some guidance. :)

GodAtum

On Moderation
What exactly are you looking for? Might be able to narrow things down a bit with some guidance. :)

The london Waterloo - Portsmouth route, Paddington - Taunton, and London Bridge - East Croydon.

Theres payware for a SWT Portsmouth route but that only goes up to Woking? The FGW payware looks nice but i dont think it's all one line?

Last edited:

Stigy

Established Member
Are these routes that are made by others? I'm a bit ignorant here....

This is one of the major reasons I haven't made the switch from MSTS. As there is still not enough freeware available for the newer simulations and also some MSTS users might be aware that "OpenRails" is a great upgrade from MSTS (Microsoft Train Simulator) as it uses the Graphics Card to render the "game" rather than straight off the CPU and its free to use as well ;).

Darandio

Established Member
I must confess, even the latest version of OR is starting to grow on me a bit. Once they get past version 1, and work on the activity editor then I'll be looking even more closely.

Last edited:

I am certain it will come soon enough once they have fixed any remaining bugs. Once of the things I like about OR is when you run round a train, you have to hit \ to couple the brake pipes which makes it more involving than MSTS as MSTS is more automated :).

Status
Not open for further replies.