• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver - Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That's good you get a break lol. I bet it's well needed. I'm gonna be very nervous. I'm trying to plan some scenarios and answers but don't know what they'll ask. Also pretty scared about the test where you look at images for a second haha

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kev.

Mine is the 28th : )
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've booked to stay overnight at the Jury's Inn the night before my interview. It'll take the pressure off in the morning. If anyone else is doing the same and wants to meet up in the bar or for some dinner let me know :) I'm staying on the Monday 27th ready for my interview on the Tuesday 28th.

I've booked the hotel on the 27th now mate. Would be great to meet up. Although a word of warning, I'll be spending the night in the hotel bar (drinking orange) watching the footie lol

Kev

BB3

Good luck to those who have their stage 3 in the next day or two. Don't stress about it too much, it's not as bad as you might be fearing.

Let us know how you get on.

Kev.

Good luck to those who have their stage 3 in the next day or two. Don't stress about it too much, it's not as bad as you might be fearing.

Let us know how you get on.

Will do and a big thanks BB3 :D

Getting very nervous now lol... I just hope I get through the morning cos I've put a lot of work into my potential mmi answers eek. Good luck to everyone and Kev I'll see you in the bar tonight.

Dave1709

How did it for you guys yesterday?
How did go*
How did it go* bloody hell what is wrong with me this morning!

DickyKnee

I had my stage 3 on Monday. Passed the computerised tests, just waiting for the results of the MMI now. I think it went ok - but who knows? Hopefully we will find out soon. How did everyone else find it?

Raul_Duke

Did it yesterday. Passed the computer bit, couldn't call the MMI either way, she didn't give anything away. I'll just keep obsessively checking my emails for the next week.

I did it yesterday so just waiting for the MMI results. OPC bloke said he'd send the results over to EMT by 12noon today then we have to wait for them to let us know but he said hopefully should be this week.

BB3

Dave and I sat our stage 3 on 16th Feb and were notified on the 18th, so it didn't take long. Fingers crossed.

Raul_Duke

Got the email and I'm in the talent pool!! ??????

Massive thanks for all the help guys!!

Kev.

OMG I've only gone and passed stage 3 and now in the talent pool, soooooo happy yippee.

Good luck to everyone else who were there this week for their stage 3.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for your support and hopefully will be able to meet up with some of you on my course or at the depots.

BB3

Got the email and I'm in the talent pool!! ��

Massive thanks for all the help guys!!

Well done!
OMG I've only gone and passed stage 3 and now in the talent pool, soooooo happy yippee.

Good luck to everyone else who were there this week for their stage 3.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for your support and hopefully will be able to meet up with some of you on my course or at the depots.

Congratulations!

DickyKnee

I'm in - bloody hell can't quite believe it! Wow. This is going to be a massive lifestyle change. Moving back home to Notts after 17 years away.
Which depot do you guys want?

Raul_Duke

I'm in - bloody hell can't quite believe it! Wow. This is going to be a massive lifestyle change. Moving back home to Notts after 17 years away.

Congratulations!

I've asked for Etches Park.

Has anyone heard anything about any courses this year?

BB3

Brill!
I've been successful too!!!! Can't believe it :) :) well done everyone and see you on the course xx

Really pleased for you.
Congratulations!

I've asked for Etches Park.

Has anyone heard anything about any courses this year?

I've asked for Etches Park too. There was someone on here that had heard a rumour about a possible course in October, but there is nothing set in stone as far as we know.

DickyKnee

Thanks all!
For the guys that are currently on the course - how long is it and what are the hours? Am I correct in thinking the course is run in Derby?

Also does anyone have details of the shift pattern - length of shifts, ration of workdays to Restdays etc

Exciting times ??????

Raul_Duke

EMT are having a recruitment Q&A on Twitter this afternoon so I thought I'd ask when the next depot driver intake would be.

They said: "Hi we are expecting to have an intake in Autumn/Winter this year, with further intakes in 2017. #RailWeek #EMTTalent"

Joshie Babie

Course is three months long in classroom. Yes they run the course from Derby. Hours are 0900 - 1600ish. Shift pattern varies but rest days are often grouped together in groups of 4 at Derby. Talent pool seems to work in a first in first out system and until recently there were 25 in talent pool.
Monday - Friday Classroom. Various on shift. Ten per course max, usually 5 Notts and 5 Derby

BB3

EMT are having a recruitment Q&A on Twitter this afternoon so I thought I'd ask when the next depot driver intake would be.

They said: "Hi we are expecting to have an intake in Autumn/Winter this year, with further intakes in 2017. #RailWeek #EMTTalent"

Thanks for asking the question.
Course is three months long in classroom. Yes they run the course from Derby. Hours are 0900 - 1600ish. Shift pattern varies but rest days are often grouped together in groups of 4 at Derby. Talent pool seems to work in a first in first out system and until recently there were 25 in talent pool.
Monday - Friday Classroom. Various on shift. Ten per course max, usually 5 Notts and 5 Derby

Thanks for the info. Gosh, 25? Is that from the last Assessments carried out in Feb?

Joshie Babie

Yep, from last assesments
So there were total of 30 of us and 5 on last course

Paul472426

Hi all, I'm Paul and I'm new to this forum posting thingy although I've been around and about here for a while.

I'm in the same boat as most of you, I had my stage 3 on Tuesday 28th and I've found out that I've passed my MMI too. I'm under the impression that everybody passed, according to my manager as I already work for EMT. Just waiting now like everybody else.

Congratulations on getting this far, I think it was tough, especially the last day. I hated 2hand and the MMI, and was convinced I had failed, especially as I didn't hear until the day after most of my session colleagues!

Now to start paddling in this pool!

Hi Paul I was on your interview day on Tuesday too. Congratulations to you too. I'm pleased we all passed as everyone was really nice. I hated the traffic pictures the most lol. Keep us updated with all the first hand news lol xx

Status
Not open for further replies.