• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver - Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB3

Yep, from last assesments
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So there were total of 30 of us and 5 on last course

Thanks for sharing your insider knowledge with us Joshie :) It really is much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul472426

Cheers mate, what I can add is that apparently the DfT have agreed to fund 47 new mainline drivers required to provide a Sunday service, so hopefully there wi be some movement forward in the queue soon!

BB3

Cheers mate, what I can add is that apparently the DfT have agreed to fund 47 new mainline drivers required to provide a Sunday service, so hopefully there wi be some movement forward in the queue soon!

That sounds like good news.

LowLevel

Established Member
Apparently the latest update on that is to share recruitment between promoting depot drivers and external redundant freight drivers.

LaBlade

Has anybody heard anything regarding a course starting in September? I passed all the assessments, and was placed in the talent pool back in Febuary. I was contacted back in July and told that there was a course starting in September and there was a need for service/depot drivers at Neville Hill in Leeds. However I told them I'd rather stick with my original depot choice of Derby. I'm guessing that I'm not on the list for the September course as it's nearly September now and I've not heard anything. I was just wondering if anybody has gotten onto the course or heard anything?

Kev.

Has anybody heard anything regarding a course starting in September? I passed all the assessments, and was placed in the talent pool back in Febuary. I was contacted back in July and told that there was a course starting in September and there was a need for service/depot drivers at Neville Hill in Leeds. However I told them I'd rather stick with my original depot choice of Derby. I'm guessing that I'm not on the list for the September course as it's nearly September now and I've not heard anything. I was just wondering if anybody has gotten onto the course or heard anything?

Hi LaBlade, the latest on this is that the next course starts 10th Oct although as far as I'm aware it has not yet been signed off and I like you are not on this course.

I phoned HR this week and was informed that the next course after the Oct one is expected to start around Feb 2017.

Hope this helps.

Kev

Will that Feb course clear the talent pool then or will there be further courses from the last recruitment?

LaBlade

Hi LaBlade, the latest on this is that the next course starts 10th Oct although as far as I'm aware it has not yet been signed off and I like you are not on this course.

I phoned HR this week and was informed that the next course after the Oct one is expected to start around Feb 2017.

Hope this helps.

Kev

Thanks for the info. This talent pool lark is such a waiting game

BB3

Hope this helps.

Kev

The October course has been signed off now. Yes, I think the next one is planned for Feb.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Will that Feb course clear the talent pool then or will there be further courses from the last recruitment?

As far as I'm aware, the Feb course won't empty the talent pool, but there will be several courses next year.

Kev.

As BB3 stated the Feb course will probably not clear the Talent Pool. As far has I'm aware there are around 30 people still in the pool, although I could be wrong.

Raul_Duke

Kev is your man for the inside info on EMT talent pools.

He knows more than Tania ;)

Kev.

Kev is your man for the inside info on EMT talent pools.

He knows more than Tania ;)

Lol Raul_Duke I'm not professing to have any inside information peeps, it's just the little bit of information gleaned for my recent phone call to HR last week ;)

Raul_Duke

Lol Raul_Duke I'm not professing to have any inside information peeps, it's just the little bit of information gleaned for my recent phone call to HR last week ;)

I wasn't being sarcastic, I have about a 25% success rate in getting a return email from EMT HR.

That's why I keep an eye out on your Facebook group posts!

Kev.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I have about a 25% success rate in getting a return email from EMT HR.

That's why I keep an eye out on your Facebook group posts!

Hey Raul didn't think you were mate. You have a better strike rate than me with your emails, that's why I always try to phone them instead. But even then you're not 100% to get go speak to them lol

stjimmy87

Anyone at EMT or in general who knows when they might advertise for this role again? I am so keen to go for this role again if it comes up because I failed the DMI so miserably last time

Status
Not open for further replies.