• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sirgerbil

Did you select a date at the assessment centre ? I was told that because I had already completed them I don't have to do so again. She said just to leave the sheet blank

Even though I've completed them myself also and telling them this on the day, I was told to still complete the form.

Still waiting to hear back from recruitment for them checking my previous passes, going to bite the bullet today and call up.

Chuggington21

Even though I've completed them myself also and telling them this on the day, I was told to still complete the form.

Still waiting to hear back from recruitment for them checking my previous passes, going to bite the bullet today and call up.

They won't answer. Email is your best shot

Kaltias

Did they get back to you?

Nope, have you received a date for yours? Getting really nervous that I've been missed out... Also my current place of work needs good notice for a day off so the sooner I know, the easier it'll be for me to attend

Davidson4301

Strange , I was told to just write a note on bottom of page and leave the dates blank. They said they would check the scores if I was successful. The email I received said they were still collating dates for physcometrics ect so I will just wait and see. If they give me a date then I will mention again that I have previously completed.
I'm going to wait to next week I think then I'll email them .

Chuggington21

Keep getting automated "Out of office due to...." every time I email. Just got another saying the consultant is out the office until 3rd Feb now.

Are you just using the main email. My assessment was 13th December never heard anything tried calling no answer or reply but I did get a response on email last week. They are just super busy

Ashxmufcx

I heard back last night.

Due to attend on the 8th in Doncaster. They have confirmed I dont have to do the Group Bourdon, TEA-Occ and TRP as I've done them before.

just need to do the MMM and computerised tests. Never done them before...any advice?

Davidson4301

I heard back last night.

Due to attend on the 8th in Doncaster. They have confirmed I dont have to do the Group Bourdon, TEA-Occ and TRP as I've done them before.

just need to do the MMM and computerised tests. Never done them before...any advice?

As far as I can remember the computerised tests were quite easy.
Staring at a computer screen for 30 mins watching a small curser flashing. Every so often (for a fraction of a second ) the curser will change from white to grey. You have to click when it changes

Another one was it would flash up a picture of a traffic light junction / zebra crossing / busy city centre ect for about a second and then it would disappear. You have to list potential hazards in the photo.

Another one was just situation awareness questions. I.e.
You are walking down the street and you come across an injured person. What do you do ?
A- run away
B - steal his wallet then assist
C - assist where you can and call the emergency services.

Not the exact questions but you get the picture. I think that was it for the computer?

Ah there is also a one where you have to guide a dot round a course on the screen. Trying to keep in the lines.

Ashxmufcx

As far as I can remember the computerised tests were quite easy.
Staring at a computer screen for 30 mins watching a small curser flashing. Every so often (for a fraction of a second ) the curser will change from white to grey. You have to click when it changes

Another one was it would flash up a picture of a traffic light junction / zebra crossing / busy city centre ect for about a second and then it would disappear. You have to list potential hazards in the photo.

Another one was just situation awareness questions. I.e.
You are walking down the street and you come across an injured person. What do you do ?
A- run away
B - steal his wallet then assist
C - assist where you can and call the emergency services.

Not the exact questions but you get the picture. I think that was it for the computer?

Ah there is also a one where you have to guide a dot round a course on the screen. Trying to keep in the lines.

thanks for that, ive done the booklet they send out but always nice to hear it from someone who has actually done it.

Has the grey square test replaced the foot pedal, colours and hi/low test?

Davidson4301

thanks for that, ive done the booklet they send out but always nice to hear it from someone who has actually done it.

Has the grey square test replaced the foot pedal, colours and hi/low test?

Yeah it must have , well that and the joypad
Thing you do moving the dot around the circuit. Hopefully I'll here soon whether I have to re do it or not.

donpoku

You guys are so blessed to be still in the running, got knocked out 1/2 stage. Is there a dmi after assessments or straight to medical?

Mrtraindriver

Hi just checking your still an active member, I have a job interview for qualified driver soon was hoping if you can give me any information

AllyB

When someone completes some of the psychometric tests and passes them, are they put on some centralised system? The reason i ask is that ive done some of these tests 2 years ago? And was thinking Virgin would know this?

YogiBear

Hi All,

has everyone heard back about the assessment days? I attended Kings x on the 17th and still nothing!

YogiBear

Congrats Sirgerbil, that moved really quick.

Not sure if I should chase them up or wait a few more days.

Maybe give them till end of play Friday and try drop them an email.

HTBFD

Hi all, new to the forum and seem to be in the same boat as a few others. Attended Newcastle two weeks ago for assessment day, received an email last week advising I was successful, just standing by for a date for psychometrics now. Good luck to all those still in the process.

YogiBear

I was just going to email them thinking I was the only one who had not yet heard, I guess ill wait till Monday now.

Kaltias

I was just going to email them thinking I was the only one who had not yet heard, I guess ill wait till Monday now.

You're not! I found out I was through to the tests on the 20th and emailed on the 30th to enquire about dates as my work are funny about booking days off. They're obviously uber busy so I'm just gonna get on with my life without obsessively checking emails!

BELLIE

Hello I'm new to the forum and having no experience of the psychometric tests wondered what they will actually be. Is there anywhere recommended by people who have done them already that I can view and practice them?

Chuggington21

Hello I'm new to the forum and having no experience of the psychometric tests wondered what they will actually be. Is there anywhere recommended by people who have done them already that I can view and practice them?

There will probably be something somewhere on the forum with stuff like that ( That's not any help) but I would imagine they will send you practice tests

vintagegt

Hi all, new to the forum and seem to be in the same boat as a few others. Attended Newcastle two weeks ago for assessment day, received an email last week advising I was successful, just standing by for a date for psychometrics now. Good luck to all those still in the process.

I'm same. I was in Newcastle and I know I'm through but still no set date. I'm not worried and can't see the point in hounding them with emails as that will just slow it down even more given how much pressure the talent team are under. Just sitting tight and awaiting my date.

HTBFD

Yeah same, they've been good enough to give us a heads up to say we've passed and through to the tests. Can only imagine what their workload is like at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.